Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

No power...No Nothing.

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2008, 03:18 AM
1st Gear
Default No power...No Nothing.

Well. Once again my car sits at work. This is that problem that the Dealership couldnt replicate and wouldnt ya know in 2 weeks it goes in for its free cluster. I put my key in the ignition, turned it and everylight/dash/stereo/Security system shut off. I have no power at all. I drove it into work just fine. We know the Clusters failing - Could the cluster be the culprit of this? Or a short someplace? Sigh...guess ill call The dude at Audi of America again tomorrow and see what can be done.

Old 03-18-2008, 09:06 AM
4th Gear
Default RE: No power...No Nothing.

sounds like a completely dead battery to me but im not sure...

idk if the cluster would be involved in this or not though, sorry

Old 03-18-2008, 01:55 PM
1st Gear

Hey

I had a similar problem but I don't know if it's the same. Does the engine turn on when you turn the key but just don't get lights? Do you get resistance from the ignition switch when you try to turn the engine on?

check out this thread, maybe it could help:

https://www.audiforums.com/m_826611/tm.htm

g'luck
-Mig

Old 03-19-2008, 04:32 PM
1st Gear

Solved. Traced back the + and - Battery wires and the + wire had Just enough of a fray in the middle to have it spark. I guess it was zapping the block when I turned the key to start it. Just Electrical taped it for now but seems to be A-ok now. Need to do some new wires though no matter what.