Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

Overheating... Please Help/Clarify

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2007, 11:05 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: Overheating... Please Help/Clarify

ORIGINAL: fireman9585

Have your instrument cluster checked. The temp gauge is often one of the first things to go.
Damn if thats the case, i think most of us got paranoid for nothing.

Im about to tap into my water pump housing or something and run my own water temp gauge lol. That way i know for SURE what the hell kind of temperature im seeing here.

Old 04-04-2007, 08:58 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: randomloginname

Press the recirc button(lloks like a curved arrow) and the up arrow (for the fan speed) at the same time. The display will change to "1 C", release said buttons.Now, take the a hold o'tha thermostat **** and crank itup until the display reads 49 C, and press the recirc button again. Now you will be displaying coolant temp in celcius. If you use the search function for like coolant or overheating, the actual links for waks wide world and such are in there to give you a table for what each "# C" read out gives you.
Wow thanks, i tried it this morning and i was able to monitor the temps. Approaching my destination, it would read anywhere from 86-88C. This is in the morning with about 40 degree weather btw. I hope when summer comes i wont see outrageous temps.

Btw, is there any wayto keep this setting permanantly? Cause its quite annoying to do this procedure each time you start up the car. TIA

Old 04-04-2007, 09:16 PM

ORIGINAL: 1QWIK7

Press the recirc button(lloks like a curved arrow) and the up arrow (for the fan speed) at the same time. The display will change to "1 C", release said buttons.Now, take the a hold o'tha thermostat **** and crank itup until the display reads 49 C, and press the recirc button again. Now you will be displaying coolant temp in celcius. If you use the search function for like coolant or overheating, the actual links for waks wide world and such are in there to give you a table for what each "# C" read out gives you.
Wow thanks, i tried it this morning and i was able to monitor the temps. Approaching my destination, it would read anywhere from 86-88C. This is in the morning with about 40 degree weather btw. I hope when summer comes i wont see outrageous temps.

Btw, is there any wayto keep this setting permanantly? Cause its quite annoying to do this procedure each time you start up the car. TIA

learning this trick was terrible for me. i find myself constantly worrying about the temp and monitoring it all the time. then i get nervous everytime i creep up on 100*... better off just letting it be. you'll know when your needle creeps up.

Old 04-04-2007, 11:46 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: diehlryan

ORIGINAL: 1QWIK7

learning this trick was terrible for me. i find myself constantly worrying about the temp and monitoring it all the time. then i get nervous everytime i creep up on 100*... better off just letting it be. you'll know when your needle creeps up.
Nah actually im used to being paranoid at monitoring different aspects of the car while driving. I also own a 93 rx7 so i already have the habit at glancing at my boost and water temp gauges. I already had the intention of doing the same with the TT cause thats just how i am. I guess im a perfectionist, i need everything to be perfect. I dont wanna settle for something like ehh, its spiked a bit or it missed just a tad in 3rd gear. I need it to be perfect all the time. lol

So im glad i learned this little trick cause that only gives me the reason to make this car better for myself.