Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

rear sway and shock Question...

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2007, 02:55 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: rear sway and shock Question...

yes, I was just talking to my neighbor, he has some...

any more suggestions out there about a layover front skirt?

Old 07-28-2007, 03:26 PM
1st Gear

...also, what exactly are the things I NEED to change along with the software/chip??

i understand the dv needs to be swapped, how about certain hoses? and should I change the intake/filter??

Old 07-28-2007, 06:11 PM
2nd Gear

I thought all front lips you had to chop the stock one off?

Unless I'm mistaken they would have chopped the stock front off to put your rieger one on. I've hardly found any bumpers that aren't the single frame style...I've only found a GT2 style one. And I don't know of any lips that just go over the stock one...

...also, what exactly are the things I NEED to change along with the software/chip??

i understand the dv needs to be swapped, how about certain hoses? and should I change the intake/filter??
You can get silicone boost hoses as some of them tend to collapse under high boost. Intake/filter doesn't make that much of a difference...I'd just drill out the stock airbox. You'll get much more air and DV sound out of your car with that.

Some people like K&N yet some people stay away because the oil they need tends to contaminate the MAF.

EDIT: here's some bumper options.

Neu?
http://www.estrictlyforeign.com/asp/...=1&ID=1467
Seidl, kinda single frame look:
http://www.estrictlyforeign.com/asp/...=1&ID=1574
GT2:
http://www.estrictlyforeign.com/asp/...y=1&ID=424

Old 07-28-2007, 11:43 PM
1st Gear

well thanks, but yes indeed the one I have now lays over the stock skirt... I think a few still do this... I need to keep looking...

please keep the ideas coming!

this is a quote from a site that sells the one I have, I JUST found this, so maybe I will just get a new one like the one I have now, anyway, they kind of explain that is goes over the stock lower lip, etc........

"
Rieger Infinity I Front Lip Spoiler Audi TT

Audi TT front lower lip spoiler to suit all models. The spoiler is manufactured from tough ABS plastic and is supplied with all fittings. Fits to bottom of standard Audi bumper. Special order only. This product ships via truck freight with shipping charges starting at $120 within continental US. Please call for shipping quote.

Old 07-29-2007, 11:33 PM
1st Gear

sway should be here tomorroww!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! wooooooohooooooooo

ok, now...

I think I may go for the Giac, and maybe the forge dv... sound ok guys and girls!? and if I will need some hoses let me know, also, I DO NOT yet have any guages.... is it silly or stupid to "fly blind" or can I wait to get guages and "trust" what boost is supposed to be happening..???

you see, I am soo lost as to where to put the guages, I suppose in one of those fance carbon things behind the stick... I just dont want to lose my left vent :-\

can I get this all done for 6-7 hundred?

Barrett

and new suggestions??