Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

Revoed and dynoed

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2008, 04:10 AM
2nd Gear
Default RE: Revoed and dynoed

I hear ya there...I think I will get the same file as well to clear my CEL caused by my test pipe. The strange thing is...I originaly ran the 42dd DP w/hi-flow cat as well and I would always throw a "cat convertor below efficiency code". So what Revo is saying makes sense. I shouldn't have thrown a code with a hi-flow cat. I have since replaced that with the test pipe as I mentioned. Your file fixed the problem. The response from Revo stated that is what it did and they would work with me on getting a file for my mods. As for being more powerfull who knows...placebo effect maybe. Revo is stating it does not add anymore power and I would lean that way since they produce the product. If you think it does...sweet my friend!

Old 03-30-2008, 09:14 AM
1st Gear

You are probably right and it is a placebo effect. My question to you is was there a difference between the high flow cat and the test pipe? I am concidering this mod
myself but don't know if it would be worth it or not? Besides the test pipe do you also need to get a defouler in order not to get a CEL? Is there a lot more noise and
smell of unburned gas? Thanks for the info!

Old 03-30-2008, 12:36 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: cincyTT

The best explaination i have heard about the tip collapse is that the intake cant flow enough to supply the turbo. With a larger and higher flowing filter a stock tip shouldnt collapse.
GO SHROOM ..... oooooooooooh ooooooooooh

Old 03-30-2008, 03:56 PM
2nd Gear

shroom sounds rad+1. Although cincys explantion of tip collapse makes sense, ie suction in a restricted tube leads to its collapse, now that I have the shroom, in the upper rpms under harder bost I am pretty sure I can hear/sense tip collapse. I dont know if a/f would show a leaning during that period if it was actually happening? Seems like a decent upgrade to do if you think you are having issues, but I need to do brake, diff and tranny fluids for now, in addition to getting that bumper fixed [8D]

Old 04-01-2008, 06:37 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: tom1222

You are probably right and it is a placebo effect. My question to you is was there a difference between the high flow cat and the test pipe? I am concidering this mod
myself but don't know if it would be worth it or not? Besides the test pipe do you also need to get a defouler in order not to get a CEL? Is there a lot more noise and
smell of unburned gas? Thanks for the info!
If there was a difference, it would be nothing that I could prove w/o dyno pulls. I would like to think it would have given me a little something...it was only $90 anyways. Again that placebo effect, LOL! I say go for it, it opens up the exhaust even more.I did try the standoff and made a defouler version but they did not work for me and I have a CEL that won't go away. I have heard of several people saying that they have worked but some have tried and failed like my situation. That is why I am now thinking of getting the V2 of our software that should correct the issue.

Old 04-01-2008, 06:47 PM
1st Gear

well i should have a before and after dyno with stage 1 and 2 im hopefully going to get to dyno on thrusday, if i get to evoms early enought then go back in may with stage 2 with the eurojet full 3in exhaust.

Old 04-01-2008, 06:57 PM
2nd Gear

What chip are you running? I would like to see more 225s Dyno'ed. Throw it up once you have it done.

Old 04-01-2008, 07:26 PM
1st Gear

will do,but they only take the first 4 that want to dyno for $40 so hopefully i'll get there soon enough. i have the revo chip along with a eurojet 3in cat back and evoms v-flow intake and DV

Old 04-01-2008, 08:36 PM
2nd Gear

Cool, so you will be comparing a before and after with a full turbo back? That will be nice to see another dyno for exhausts. I have only seen one before and after myself.

Old 04-01-2008, 09:43 PM
1st Gear

ya it will be a comparsion between revo stage one with cat-back and revo stage 2 along with full 3in exhaust