Roadster Convertible Top Problems - Page 2 - AudiForums.com

Go Back  AudiForums.com > Audi Models > Audi TT
 Roadster Convertible Top Problems >

Roadster Convertible Top Problems

Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

Roadster Convertible Top Problems

Old 09-23-2013, 10:37 AM
1st Gear
Default Is there a reliable patch for a small hole in my 2002 TT convertible top?

There is a small hole in my 2002 convertible top near the bottom edge behind the rear window. Is there a reliable way to repair this hole and preserve the watertight qualities of the roof? The rest of the roof is in good condition. So far, there is no water leakage into the cockpit.

Old 01-26-2014, 03:11 PM
1st Gear

Anyone know where I can find a replacement switch for the power button located in the center console that is used to open/close the top for a 2001 Audi TT Roadster?

Old 05-31-2014, 06:08 PM
1st Gear
Default Top down indicator flashing

I took a piece of cardboard, actually a number tag my Audi dealer used when my car was in for inspection, and placed it in the drivers side windshield latch in front of the metal piece that you can push with your finger. I closed the roof, latched it and the light indicator was off and the windows went to full up position.

Old 01-21-2015, 06:39 PM
1st Gear
Default pleaseeee

would you please take 1 or 2 picture of the sensor so i can know where is it located? thanks

Old 06-11-2015, 12:24 PM
1st Gear

I have a same problem, What I do is to punch the roof beside the turning latch and the light turns off, it works for me every single time

Old 05-23-2017, 07:17 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by TT2002_Martin View Post
I have a same problem, What I do is to punch the roof beside the turning latch and the light turns off, it works for me every single time
I just started having this problem with my '01 Quattro Roadster. At first I tried what others have suggested and put a firm piece of cardboard in the gap. That didn't work so I tried punching the handle. That worked. I've now refined my technique a bit and just push on the handle firmly, just below the "push" button, and that triggers the switch. Wish there was something better, but this will work for now.

Edit:

I tried a trick I read about on AudiWorld. On the driver's side of the windshield, where the top latches, is a small metal tab that is the actuator switch for the convertible top. This actuates the windows and if it isn't actuated, the "top open" warning light comes on. If you push the tab to the right with your finger, it should actuate the windows. When it isn't being actuated consistently by the top closing, the tab may be pushed too far to the right. You can push it back to the left a bit with a screwdriver and that should fix the problem.

Last edited by mikegrattan; 05-23-2017 at 08:54 PM.
Old 07-30-2017, 03:50 PM
1st Gear
Default TT top warning light

thanks for the tip, I used a screwdriver to slightly shift the actuator to the left and that is all it took, no window problems and the dash light is out

Old 05-08-2018, 06:38 PM
1st Gear

We have not driven our 2006 TT convertible until this weekend. Whilst it started first time, the roof only opens about 3cm and does not go any further. Can anyone tell me what the cause might be and what actions I probably need to take.
Cheers