Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

TT in the snow?....

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2008, 10:40 AM
2nd Gear

Only vaguely related, inmy continued winter driving in the shiat weather, I had my first cel come on. I am not pleased. The snow continues for achttung and I...

Issued by The National Weather Service
Burlington, VT
"STORM TOTAL SNOWFALL OF 10 TO 15 INCHES IS EXPECTED ACROSS MUCH OF CENTRAL AND NORTHERN VERMONT FROM THE WEST SLOPES OF THE GREEN MOUNTAINS EASTWARD. "
A WINTER STORM WARNING FOR HEAVY SNOW MEANS SEVERE WINTER WEATHER CONDITIONS ARE EXPECTED OR OCCURRING. SIGNIFICANT AMOUNTS OF SNOW ARE FORECAST THAT WILL MAKE TRAVEL DANGEROUS. ONLY TRAVEL IN AN EMERGENCY. IF YOU MUST TRAVEL... KEEP AN EXTRA FLASHLIGHT AND FOOD.

:-P

Old 12-21-2008, 11:22 AM
1st Gear

drsmith...my daughter and her husband live in Seattle. My son-in-law is from England (Staffordshire). He has commented on the shitty drivers in Seattle. I've been going to Seattle a couple of times a year for the last seven years and have had two screaming matches with other drivers over their atrocious driving. I may be 50-something with Idaho license plates but I certainly am not a country bumpkin and can keep up with the best of them, not to mention my 10 years of life on the streets of San Francisco.

We are expecting between 6-12 inches today and as long as the road stays plowed I will drive the TT to work tomorrow.

As for you guys in VT...have fun in the snow if you can and "think spring".

Old 12-21-2008, 12:34 PM
5th Gear

Think spring? I'm just getting amped up for the snow!

Got some totally awesome Dynastar Contact 9's recently, should be getting some Lange Fluid 80's or 90's soon (depending on budget), Hella 500 driving lights for the TT as well. Then I'll show you how to drive a mountain in the snow. Weather advisories like Random posted are a calling for a bunch of guys to go drive the steepest, tallest mountain road in the snow, hillclimb style. Guys spaced out with radios to let drivers know when theres 'normal' traffic (its an open road, aka, not closed course), but otherwise, its hammer it up and down the mountain.

Mike, if youre not busy and you dare to brave the snow, Im at Rennline all afternoon working. Have vagcom. Gimme a call if you want.

Heres the mountain we'll be driving... summer time vids...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xcdJv...e=channel_page
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jp_ycF7q4TA

Looks more exciting going the opposite way, need to replace vid with that

Old 12-21-2008, 01:31 PM
2nd Gear

word, bird. Just got home from work myself. I am hoping it is something simple and cheap for once. :-P Have fun at the hill climb, the warm weather shots are making me pien for summer and spring already. Thoose twisties are definitely fun, especially without a roof :-) I may run back in to winooski. PM me your #, I have anew phone with like 4% of my contacts in it, they couldnt pull the old ones off, yet another drain on finances :-P

Old 12-22-2008, 08:31 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by achTTung
Think spring? I'm just getting amped up for the snow!
LOL

Oh crap...my brain is still in Miata mode.

Going to check out those vids tonight.