Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

Tuning the Forge Splitter

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2007, 11:47 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: Tuning the Forge Splitter

I'm gonna do that when I get off work then today..I'll let ya guys know what the outcome of it is.

Old 08-31-2007, 04:30 PM
1st Gear

Taking apart the bottom is pretty easy but the upper portion of the valve is a bit trickier. I recommend taking the valve of the car and giving it a shake to see if you can duplicate the sound. If you can get the sound to happen, then remove the piston and spring and shake it again, if it still makes the sound then it has to be something to do with the adjustment mechanism in the top of the valve. If that is the case I'll send you a new one.

It sounds to me like the rattle, your just using a different word to describe it. Do you have a ziptie on the vac port to the valve?

Give this a shot: with the valve off the car - push the piston all the way up with your finger and tighten the **** until the piston is forced down to the top of the atmospheric discharge slot. This is the tightest you can adjust the valve with out limiting the atmo discharge... see if that works for you, both in regards to discharging with out surge and eliminating the sound.

Also, the ONLY time I have experienced the rattle is while adjusting the spring tension while the car was running... not sure yet what that means. I plan on dissecting one of the valves next week or so to see what the deal is.

Old 08-31-2007, 04:34 PM
I'm make believe

That cant be good trying to add pressure to the spring while there is already pressure on the spring. That could easily mess up the adjusting mechinism or cause other problems

Old 09-03-2007, 02:55 PM
1st Gear

hello everyone,
well finally got the dv installed, but for some gut feeling i felt i believe i installed it backwards (blows towards the firewall)
after reading and reasearching through forgemotor sports, my gut feeling was correct, it was backwards, now i think i got it right (blows towards front) is this correct?
i also noticed that i dad to turn it 40 clicks for the vavle to close, is this normal?
that doesn't leave too much for adjustment on the tighter side.....
what dmages would it cause if i hade levt it hooked up backwards?
thaanks everyone.

Old 09-03-2007, 10:49 PM
I'm make believe

the side port should be in the intake and the bottom port is from the ic. The second way is correct. Also you have it way to firm. you should have it below 20 clicks from the lowest setting. If you have it to tight (like you do), your going to hurt the turbo.

Old 09-04-2007, 03:11 AM
1st Gear

27 clicks on my 225 is too many right???

Old 09-04-2007, 10:30 AM
1st Gear

Well I got rid of the clicking/rattling but, in first I usually don't get a crisp release, I sometimes get a flutter. Now could this in the long run be bad for the turbo? I heard fluttering isn't really wha you want...I only get it in first and sometimes in second only when I don't winde the rpms out. Otherwise all the other gears get a crisp clean release.

Old 09-04-2007, 11:06 AM
I'm make believe

^^ You want it as soft as possible. So if you can, just keep losing it untill you dont hole the same boost and then turb it back up X amounts of clicks until you do.

^ you will get some flutterin first and sec becuase you wont boost as muchand same when you shift early in the rpm band. it is normal and nothing to really worry about if you realease normal atpeak boost and everything close to that.