Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

Vac leak, not sure what to do

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2009, 05:27 PM
Default Vac leak, not sure what to do

Hey guys, I had this posted in my intake clean post and i figured i should put it on a seprate post to break it up.

So i did the pressure test and found a leak in the sump pump on the PCV and another little leak on a T-fitting. My DV was leaking so i fixed that. The crankcase is leaking out the side next to the TIP, that half moon hole. Can i just fill that up with silicone sealant?

I checked the idle trims (block 32) and it was reading +8%... it didnt make any sense. It has been throwing the lean code. Then I looked at it another time and it was within spec +1.8 or so. This was before i touched the engine. The MAF is reading within spec and the O2 sensors are reading as well. Im a little confused by it... will fixing the crank leak and PCV fix it? +8% seems kinda high for a couple little leaks.

Thanks

Old 03-14-2009, 05:32 PM

Update

I went ahead and filled up that hole with silicone and it did not seem to make a dfference. But now it doesnt throw oil out there anymore. So I checked my fuel trims again and now it reads 0. I just replaced both O2 sensors!!! I want my power back!!!!

Old 03-15-2009, 07:14 PM
5th Gear

sump pump on the PCV? You mean the crankcase breather, front side of the block, near the oil filter?

The half moon hole is head gasket. If it quits spewing oil, good, if not, its not hard or expensive to replace the gasket. Just make sure you clean ALL the old silicone off, and clean any oil off the mating surfaces before you replace the silicone. Silicone goes anywhere the gasket makes a sharp corner, as well as spanning the distance of the half moon.

Wouldn't hurt to re-pressure test the system if you haven't already. You fix a few leaks, and then the less obvious leaks you missed the first time are more obvious.