B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

**review YOUR snub mount *HERE**

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2008, 12:29 AM
Default **review YOUR snub mount *HERE**

I have a 1998.5 A4 1.8TQM

Alright so, I want a snub mount that will last 20k at least, my stock mount has 117k on it and it looks good as new (no joke)

I will be doing my motor/tranny mounts next week and I want an amazing snub mount to go along with them

so, first off...I will definately not be going with APR...although they have some amazing products...I have searched here and audizine and have came up with about 10 cracked apr snubs (just from a couple searches)

I have heard good things about the neuspeed (greedspeed) snub, but I can't seem to find it on their website any longer (any links or info will be appreciated) does anyone know if this one uses the stock mount?

then there is the 034 snub and mount, but from what i have read they just use a old Prothane mount designed for the MkI VW Rabbits...and they are smaller, which makes me assume that they come with alot of vibrations

and there is also Stern, which although I heard they were good, I havn't really seen a whole lot about them...what i do know is that they are large and fit snug in the stock mount...

what I am looking for is response without sacrificing the ride (so to say)....I do not want heavy vibrations, and I obviously don't want to worry about any cracking issues

so, what is the best snub mount out there?....if $ isn't an concern?....is there something i am missing...all the information above was basically gathered tonight and now I would like to know what you are running...

lets see some reviews!....If you are running a snub I would like to know....

what year?
motor?
trans?
which snub?
where'd you get it?
are you happy with it?
does it vibrate?
did u feel a difference over stock?
do you miss the feeling of the stock snub?
how long have you had the snub on the car?
if you could do it over again is there another one you would have gone with?

Thanks in advance!

Old 02-20-2008, 12:35 AM
3rd Gear
Default RE: ****I want the best most reliable snub mount available...is there a good one out there?********

ORIGINAL: qUaTtRoA4

what year? 99.5
motor? 1.8T
trans? 5spd
which snub? APR
where'd you get it? APR
are you happy with it? YEP
does it vibrate? Not at all
did u feel a difference over stock? maybe a tad
do you miss the feeling of the stock snub? What?
how long have you had the snub on the car? 40K
if you could do it over again is there another one you would have gone with? Nope

Thanks in advance!

Just noticed you live in redding.... Go see Steve at 02motorsports he will hook you up 4 sho

Old 02-20-2008, 12:47 AM
Default RE: ****I want the best most reliable snub mount available...is there a good one out there?********

sadly I see steve wayy to much..he is supposed to be faxing me a lil later tonight....lol

good to see you are liking the snub...I think they may have made one really sh!tty batch sometime in the last year or so, I have found an unacceptable ammount of cracking going on...

did you ever get your gt28 installed and running right?...who's tune are you running?

Old 02-20-2008, 12:54 AM
3rd Gear

Steve and Stacy are sooo cool, they come up and stay at my place in Dunsmuir once or twice a year. I went with Uni for the tune and love my BT! I need a bigger exhaust tho.....[&o]

Old 02-20-2008, 12:57 AM

what year? 1998.5
motor? 1.8t
trans? 5spd
which snub? PureMS
where'd you get it? www.purems.com
are you happy with it? totally.
does it vibrate? yes, i'll give you a ride to show you when we get the spindle back on. it's only noticable at idle and it's not very much
did u feel a difference over stock? yes, there really isn't any front/back slack in the engine when you hit the gas.
do you miss the feeling of the stock snub? hellllll no.
how long have you had the snub on the car? a little over a year i think
if you could do it over again is there another one you would have gone with? I would have gone with 034's snub and their bracket... actually no, I still would go with purems. The 034 one is better if you just want a quality one and price doesn't matter. PureMS prices it where it should be, and it's a great product.
I overnighted my spindle today, so this weekend we should be able to put my car back together and I can show you how the snub feels.

edit-
Beermod, in the next month or so, you need to come down to redding so me+you+dakota(quattroa4) can do a photoshoot and chill. Plus I'd like to see how that 2871elim feels

Old 02-20-2008, 01:00 AM
4th Gear

greed speed snub $12
who cares how long it lasts.. its 12 bucks

Old 02-20-2008, 01:17 AM
5th Gear

what year? 98.5
motor? 1.8T
trans? 5spd
which snub? 034
where'd you get it? 034
are you happy with it? somewhat
does it vibrate? yup
did u feel a difference over stock? definitely
do you miss the feeling of the stock snub? hell no
how long have you had the snub on the car? not even 1k
if you could do it over again is there another one you would have gone with? either APR or greed speed

Thanks in advance!

the 034 mount vibrates a lot, but i've heard of some people who got it to work right. i might try the greed speed one since its so cheap

the car feels completely different with all new mounts

Old 02-20-2008, 01:23 AM

haha....alright....well ummm...there is alot of work involved and I don't want to buy something because of it's price...I could of bought a brand new kia for the $ I paid for the A4...

alright...Kyle (pyropenguin)...I think I prolly will just go with the purems snub...is that the same as the stern?...I can use the stock bracket right?...does it fit snug in there or is there alot of play...

+1 to what kyle suggested....Beer mod, you need to make it down to redding, or we'll come up to shasta one of these weekends, we can either do a mod day or a cruise or we could prolly do a BBQ if it is a nice day?....ionno

we had a audi/vw meet in redding, only 3 audis showed...lol...and one of the owners (scott) sold his and bought a scion xd...lol

so, we are desperately short on audi modders up here...

Beer Mod- any problems with UNI?..what size CC file are you running?...did you diy the install?

Old 02-20-2008, 01:36 AM
3rd Gear

I'm in K-falls now going to OIT, so I'll PM you when I'm down your way!!! I run 440's and yes it was a easy DIY. LMK when your ready to go BT I'll give you a hand

BTW let me know when the next meet is I'll try to make it....

Old 02-20-2008, 12:18 PM

alright so, I prolly will never be going bigger than a K04, but, there is a miniscule posibility that i will bite the bullet...I think the next major "mod" for my car will be a stg. 3 clutch and a lwfw...

Beer Mod...would you happen to have any experience swapping clutches?...I have only ever helped with a friends civic, so, when i do mine and Kyle's (pyropenguins) we will basically be going by a DIY, it would be awesome if you could come down for a clutch day! (Kyle has got his new clutch and we are just waitin for a reason to do it)

glad to hear thet the UNI stuff is treatin you well, 440cc, that must have some major kick from a dig!

Kyle....when i order the purems snub, is it the stern, i only see stern and APR...does it fit into the mount snug-ly?

alright, well, keep your reviews comin, I just ordered motor/tranny mounts, rear brake and tool, and some other junk....

I am prolly guna order my snub later tonight or 2moro, I just want to see a few more reviews!

Quick Reply: **review YOUR snub mount *HERE**