B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

00787 - Temperature Sensor in Fresh Air intake duct (G89)

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2014, 10:56 PM
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by jeckel20003
That's why I suggested not doing it that way.
It wasn't a big deal, though. No harm in trimming some plastic. way easier than taking off the whole dash just for that small sensor.

Old 02-25-2014, 10:34 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by morpheous
way easier than taking off the whole dash just for that small sensor.
Not sure where you heard you have to remove the whole dash. According to the manual and my personal experience, you only have to remove the glovebox.

Old 02-25-2014, 10:28 PM
2nd Gear

Not sure where you heard you have to remove the whole dash. According to the manual and my personal experience, you only have to remove the glovebox.
You're right, that's what i meant to say, actually.

Even still, its easier to remove the rain cover and cabin air filter, than removing the glove box. ABC...easy as 123.

Old 02-27-2014, 05:18 PM
1st Gear

I understand some people don't care about their car like I do. It doesn't make any sense to me to break part of your car to fix something else when there is another, proper way to do it without breaking anything. I could change my oil faster by cutting a hole in the plastic belly pan instead of removing it, but that would be stupid. Audi designed the car and every part in the car for a reason. But if you want to break part of your car to fix another part that's your deal. That's not how I work on my car. And if you're going to advise someone on using that method you should let them know that it requires breaking part of your car and that there is another way to do it and let them make the decision on what to do.

Old 02-27-2014, 07:33 PM
2nd Gear

I understand some people don't care about their car like I do. It doesn't make any sense to me to break part of your car to fix something else when there is another, proper way to do it without breaking anything. I could change my oil faster by cutting a hole in the plastic belly pan instead of removing it, but that would be stupid. Audi designed the car and every part in the car for a reason. But if you want to break part of your car to fix another part that's your deal. That's not how I work on my car. And if you're going to advise someone on using that method you should let them know that it requires breaking part of your car and that there is another way to do it and let them make the decision on what to do.
Where was i advising to break anyone's car?

I suggest you go back and reread what i typed, instead of putting words in my mouth.

I was simply stating what i did to get to the sensor.

I even stated the reason for trimming off some plastic, being the sensor fell, after i pushed it through the hole it sits in, had that not happened, i would not need to trim the plastic. So again, you failed to either read what i typed or your comprehension skills are horrible.

Also, breaking or trimming a few small pieces of plastic isn't anything, anyone would consider, " breaking parts" of my car.

I care about my car, hence the reason i went through the trouble of changing a small sensor that really could have been left there, not working.

"That's not how I work on my car" nobody asked you but I'm happy for you...

"Audi designed the car and every part in the car for a reason. But if you want to break part of your car to fix another part that's your deal."

I am no more, "breaking my car", than most of B5 owners in this forum, that shave their fenders, to allow a dropped/ lowered B5 to have bigger wheels/ rims and that's just one example! there are 100's of things, B5 owners change and modify on their B5 and its never considered, "breaking". So your logic makes no sense...

The average Joe, that doesn't care about his car, would not have bothered.

Its obvious i can do what i want with my car as i wish, i don't need you to tell me, i can.

it seems that you got butt hurt, because i suggested another, easier way of replacing the sensor, its not about me breaking plastic. You got issues dude... get some help with your insecurities

Last edited by morpheous; 02-27-2014 at 08:06 PM.
Old 03-01-2014, 07:00 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by morpheous
Also, breaking or trimming a few small pieces of plastic isn't anything, anyone would consider, " breaking parts" of my car.
That statement makes no sense. Breaking a piece of plastic isn't considered breaking a part of your car?

The phrase "If you're going to..." can also imply something that could happen in the future. I never said you told someone to do it. I can understand someone modifying their car for aesthetic or performance purposes. However, breaking part of your car to save yourself 30 minutes of work just seems lazy. My feelings aren't hurt because you went a different route. I don't really care.

Old 03-01-2014, 08:52 PM
2nd Gear

That statement makes no sense. Breaking a piece of plastic isn't considered breaking a part of your car?

The phrase "If you're going to..." can also imply something that could happen in the future. I never said you told someone to do it. I can understand someone modifying their car for aesthetic or performance purposes. However, breaking part of your car to save yourself 30 minutes of work just seems lazy. My feelings aren't hurt because you went a different route. I don't really care.
Its obvious you did care, being you made it a point to try and make it seem, that i didn't care about my car, simply because i trimmed some plastic.

whatever...i' done.

Old 03-01-2014, 08:58 PM
1st Gear

Girls... Girls...

Bottom line is this: Nobody has suggested that anyone else needs to do something how they did it. They are merely stating how they managed to solve their problems. I agree with morpheous in that trimming a little bit of plastic in the air intake box (which has a number of things covering it once reassembled) is not really "breaking" something. However, I also agree with jeckel that I would not break something to save a little time doing a project (not that I think morpheous did such a thing). I don't think many people on these forums would do such a thing.

Now, have we finished measuring? Can we go back to every day life?

Old 03-01-2014, 10:26 PM
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by soulstep
Girls... Girls...

Bottom line is this: Nobody has suggested that anyone else needs to do something how they did it. They are merely stating how they managed to solve their problems. I agree with morpheous in that trimming a little bit of plastic in the air intake box (which has a number of things covering it once reassembled) is not really "breaking" something. However, I also agree with jeckel that I would not break something to save a little time doing a project (not that I think morpheous did such a thing). I don't think many people on these forums would do such a thing.

Now, have we finished measuring? Can we go back to every day life?
* untwists panties...being panties were in a twist.