B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

1.8T K04 rpm cut or fuel cut with weak engine..

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2010, 04:28 AM
1st Gear
Default 1.8T K04 rpm cut or fuel cut with weak engine..

Hi,

I recently had a timing belt crash and got a few bent valves in the head.. So i had to replace a few things ..

History..

The timing belt went off and most of the intake valves were damaged... So i bought a new head. But this head was from wrong engine code.
I have the ANB and i got an AEB head.. I was totally suprised when I saw the larger intake port of the AEB head.. ?!?! This head fits my smallport intake manifold but ports dont match.. So I called the guy who sold the head and he sent me a AEB intake manifold aswell..

An in all this mess i decided to try out a few new things on my car.. So i bought following on eBay K04-015, Tubular mainfol, 4Bar fpr, and a Forge Diverter Valve.

First I got som trouble with that Secondary Air pump everybody is talking about... I dismounted that system.. and soldered an resistor (720 Ohm i think) to the connector of the air pump power supply..

Anyway I mounted the eBay K04-015 and mounted the eBay tubular manifold..
First problem was that the eBay manifold crashed with the stock O2 sensor.. I had to press it a bit to get the manifold to fit.. (font know if this will damage the sensor badly or noting)

I primed the K04 with some oil and finished everything.. Finally i started the engine and it was idling for about 10 min before pushing the throttle down..

The engine was running stable when idling.. But when i took the car out of my garage for a ride the engine performed very bad.. I got rpm or fuel cut when loading to much.. the engine feelt toalt powerless.. My conclusion was OVERBOOST!.. and the ECU went into limp mode or something..

I decided to remap the ECU to handle higher boost pressure.. just to test before i dismount turbo and the other components.. Today i downloaded a K04 file with my KWP2000+ but the result was even more bad it feelt.. Engine feels weak even when idling.. No overboosting when idling.. the pressure goes up to 0bar but notting more and the rpm cuts between 4000-5000rpm.. But somethines i reach 7000rpm.. but weak? I have checked for leaks and it seems to be okay.. and the K04 seems to spinn good with no black smoke or so..

Wat do you experts think this could be..? Could some fault codes cause this? Could a broke lambda sensor cause Rpm cuts etc..?

I have some informative pics on the eBay turbo and manifold.. but where can i upload here on this forum ?

//Jim

Old 05-26-2011, 09:32 AM
1st Gear
Default audi a4 cut of at 4000rpm

Hi I see you had problems with your Audi with k04 turbo upgrade. I have same think now and wonders if you fix the problem what it wore any tips would be helpful thanks you can reply to vodolaz19@hotmail.com