B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

2000 a4 1.8t awd dipstick issue

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2012, 08:02 PM
1st Gear
Default 2000 a4 1.8t awd dipstick issue

i recently bought my audi and never had drove one to be honest im in love. after looking the engine over i noticed the dipstick sleeve was broken and jury rigged with a peice of hose so i drove to the nearest vw shop i could find (80 miles away) they happened to have the sleeve in stock so i drove home happy. when i went to install it it was a different story. the sleeve is about 6 inches long and dosnt fit properly a freind of mine who was a mechanic assured me what he did would work. went to take off and mil light came on so i went home and parked it and checked the sleeve has a bout a 1/8 inch seperation from the block. im lookin online for the correct sleeve since i think the one i bought wasnt the right one. just wondering if anyone knows the correct part code for it and also a good site online to order some parts from. i want to replace some of the (nylon?) lines that are runing near the alternator they are brittle and not looking good. not shure what they are either. any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thx

Old 02-05-2012, 08:39 PM
1st Gear
Default update

ok so i went and grabbed the old sleeve the part number on it is 06b 103 663 b. the one they sold me was 06b 103 663 c.
places i found that sell them have the b make and one with same number but a g at the end. i beleive the b or g one is the correct one but not shure. hate to buy the wrong part again.

*edit* for some reason i thought it was a 2000 it is a 2001 that might be the issue.

Last edited by bildo; 02-05-2012 at 09:01 PM.
Old 02-06-2012, 08:52 AM
Administrator

ECS Tuning will have the right one, that's where I bought mine. It's a pain in the dick to replace because the old one will come out in 15 or 20 tiny pieces. Be sure none of them fall down the dip stick tube into the block.

Old 02-06-2012, 02:52 PM
1st Gear

i was able to get ahold of a audi dealer and they ordered the right one and are semi near and it will be here tomorow. ima go take some pics of it to post on here.

also wondering what kind of mods i can do for it to spruce it up a little. i am getin some angel eye hid lights new led tail lights and underglow and interior lights should be here soon. i was looking into chiping it but from what i read it seems like its a pain in the *** and all the local junk yards dont have audis. my plan was to find a old wrecked one and keep my current ecu as a back up since im not very experienced in electronic stuff. (im used to working on old carb cars and trucks this car im afraid to work on lol)

Old 02-07-2012, 10:10 PM
1st Gear

got the right part today installed. then had a oil change done the malfunction idicator light turned off after i drove it a little. altho there is a little engine clatter on the top side now but it seems to be goin away as it runs. i found a decent service department who ima have check it out hope i didnt **** nothing up

Old 02-08-2012, 02:11 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by bildo
i was able to get ahold of a audi dealer and they ordered the right one and are semi near and it will be here tomorow. ima go take some pics of it to post on here.

also wondering what kind of mods i can do for it to spruce it up a little. i am getin some angel eye hid lights new led tail lights and underglow and interior lights should be here soon. i was looking into chiping it but from what i read it seems like its a pain in the *** and all the local junk yards dont have audis. my plan was to find a old wrecked one and keep my current ecu as a back up since im not very experienced in electronic stuff. (im used to working on old carb cars and trucks this car im afraid to work on lol)
Please... No.