B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

97 B5 2.8 Build, modifications w/pictures

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2013, 05:23 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by McGovs2.7TB5
I see you went full rice with the RS4 badge. Even a fully built S4 avant (B5 RS4s were avant only) would get ragged for the RS4 badge. It's simply not one and posing as such makes you exactly that, a poser. The least you could do is make sure it's lined up so folks will think it was there all along. Sorry looks janky.

Now all the civic ricers will go full chub when the smoke an "RS4"

The Hitachi ECU is ****. I don't think you can run maestro on any B5s but the 2001 1.8t that has me7 equipped, iirc. And no 12v SC kit was ever available. I recall one guy had done a ton of custom fab stuff for the 12v and was selling it at one time, many years back.
Uhhh WTF did you read bro LOL? I wrote Mega Squirt which is a complete stand alone system. It has to be wired directly and you completely remove the stock ECU (or run both in tandem). It runs off of MAP sensor. Very doable and they are easy to make work using stock sensors.

Also maestro is made for all 1.8t setup including the AEB. You don't get all the functions of the ME7 setups but they are still pretty bad ***. I am going that route with a GT3071R.

Another option that will work is the AEM FIC piggy back. I know this will get hated on but if you look at the specs for it they are damn powerful setups. You can clamp MAF on its own MAF based off of the internal MAP sensor. It actually directly controls fuel injectors instead of scaling the MAF. It will retard timing as well and can be tune O2 sensor. Basically everything you need to do to get a comprhensive tune from it. If you search on youtube you will see that a lot of people have used them and made excellent power with them. They also data log.

I remember back when I first got my car I searched for dyno's related to the setup I have. I found one in specific that had a group of Audi owners that went to get there setups dyno. A couple were SC setups and a few 1.8ts. For the life of me I can't find it now but I am sure one was 12V. I can not remember the brand of the SC kit either.

Old 02-26-2013, 05:27 PM
Administrator

The 12v supercharger was from Motodyne. It sucked.

Old 02-26-2013, 05:41 PM
1st Gear

I knew I had seen one somehwere. Can you upgrade the 12V to a 30V? I know it is a lot of work for not much gain but just curious. I am sure the best route is swapping to a 2.7t.

If I was going to go a different over the 1.8t I would just go VR6. Can you swap the VR6 in the V6 models? I know you can swap it for the 1.8 so I am sure this is possible.

Old 02-26-2013, 06:56 PM

You can swap a vr6 in whatever you want. Its the same chassis.....

Old 02-27-2013, 08:25 AM
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by zandrew
Uhhh WTF did you read bro LOL? blahblah bunch of bs
Did you? I said 'if I recall correctly' I only visit the A4 boards here cuz the S boards are a wasteland. I haven't done much of any research on the 12v because I had a 1.8t. have fun blowing your money on a **** set up (for mods). 12vs are great... DDs

Old 02-27-2013, 05:47 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by McGovs2.7TB5
Did you? I said 'if I recall correctly' I only visit the A4 boards here cuz the S boards are a wasteland. I haven't done much of any research on the 12v because I had a 1.8t. have fun blowing your money on a **** set up (for mods). 12vs are great... DDs
I was actually being humerous about the fact that you MISTAKED MegaSquirt (which is abundantly obvious you have no clue as to what it is or does) and Maestro. Second you also mistaked the fact that MAESTRO is developed for all 1.8t's in the Audi A4 (third gear my ***; looks like your in reverse or best neutral). The third thing, I don't even own a 12V. I have a 20V just like you

My suggestions are simple options for those that have a 12V. Just because you lack the imagination, fore sight, and intestinal fortitude to take on a build that has not been done does not mean others can not or will not. There are those that lead and there are those that follow.

Old 02-27-2013, 06:10 PM
Administrator

Here's an idea - lets drop the holier-than-thou bullshit, stay on track, and knock out the arrogance. Every time I get an email notice that there's another post in this thread it makes me wonder how annoying its going to be and I start looking for a bunny to punch.

Old 02-27-2013, 07:46 PM
1st Gear

I don't know bout a bunny but I gat satanic cat you use for a speed bag....

Old 02-27-2013, 09:16 PM
Administrator

Name:  This-Thread-is-bad-and-you-should-FEEL-bad.jpg
Views: 322
Size:  24.8 KB

Old 02-28-2013, 10:02 AM
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by zandrew
I was actually being humerous about the fact that you MISTAKED MegaSquirt (which is abundantly obvious you have no clue as to what it is or does) and Maestro. Second you also mistaked the fact that MAESTRO is developed for all 1.8t's in the Audi A4 (third gear my ***; looks like your in reverse or best neutral). The third thing, I don't even own a 12V. I have a 20V just like you

My suggestions are simple options for those that have a 12V. Just because you lack the imagination, fore sight, and intestinal fortitude to take on a build that has not been done does not mean others can not or will not. There are those that lead and there are those that follow.
I quoted you thinking you were the OP, I don't read evey sig before replying. I don't really care what 1.8ts can/can't run maestro, if I still had one I'd probably spend more time reading about it. I had to move on after my 1.8t was hit, have an S now. The S boards on AZ are active, here not at all, so I visit the b5 A boards.

Simple fact is that tuners have tried getting power from the 12v and moved onbacause it wasn't worth the money for R&D for very little gains. The 12v V6 was last being used almost 17 years ago and older. If there were gains to be had someone would have found it by now.

Quick Reply: 97 B5 2.8 Build, modifications w/pictures