B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

AEB Turbo

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2013, 05:59 AM
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by george1546
This argument here could have all being avoided if you guys (those who understand cars well) simply said "Jeremy Decker, what your saying is not true, this is how it works ***********, but if that's what you believe then so be it"
I believe I did do that on that first page...but he was set on it being electric

Old 05-29-2013, 09:46 AM
1st Gear

True but their was no need to keep going on about it.

Old 05-29-2013, 10:17 AM
2nd Gear

Technically op brought it back up, but for the sake of stopping a completely useless argument...

Old 05-29-2013, 10:31 AM
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by george1546
This argument here could have all being avoided if you guys (those who understand cars well) simply said "Jeremy Decker, what your saying is not true, this is how it works ***********, but if that's what you believe then so be it"

No need to start ripping on him, this is an issue here on this forum, people who seek help who don't know much on what they are posting the question on (I myself am one) get ripped on by others due to the fact that it appears to be a straight forward and simple/stupid question to you guys. Doesn't give you right to rip into them for not knowing as much as you. This may not be that visible in this thread but I've certainly seen a lot of it.
I wouldn't rip on someone for asking a stupid question, unless it's something ridiculous and I can tell they didn't even bother trying to begin to find the answer themselves. In the same notion, I won't make snarky, sarcastic responses unless someone is getting argumentative about something they're clearly wrong about. In this case, OP's posts made it seem like he was talking out of his *** and at the same time talking down to us, and then bringing in a random spec sheet as irrefutable evidence.

So Congrats on that....I do however know that is how a turbo works....it however is also has an electronic aspect of it as well. But, I am not going to get into it on this place.....So yeah I am going to replace the lines and the turbo.
But to get on topic, no a coolant flush wouldn't affect your turbo in any way, shape or form, neither would a goddamn oil change. I mean come on, it's an oil change, just the thought of one suddenly breaking a turbo is ridiculous unless you accidentally diluted it with some crazy solvents to thin it out to the point of being useless. Do you even have any evidence whatsoever that it's the turbo? What codes are you getting? There's no such thing as a "P1xxx: your turbo is trashed" code.

Old 05-29-2013, 05:33 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by Mad Cow
I wouldn't rip on someone for asking a stupid question, unless it's something ridiculous and I can tell they didn't even bother trying to begin to find the answer themselves. In the same notion, I won't make snarky, sarcastic responses unless someone is getting argumentative about something they're clearly wrong about. In this case, OP's posts made it seem like he was talking out of his *** and at the same time talking down to us, and then bringing in a random spec sheet as irrefutable evidence.

But to get on topic, no a coolant flush wouldn't affect your turbo in any way, shape or form, neither would a goddamn oil change. I mean come on, it's an oil change, just the thought of one suddenly breaking a turbo is ridiculous unless you accidentally diluted it with some crazy solvents to thin it out to the point of being useless. Do you even have any evidence whatsoever that it's the turbo? What codes are you getting? There's no such thing as a "P1xxx: your turbo is trashed" code.

See I like smart people. I have not touched it yet but soon will have the codes and look into it. I know this car has been around so with that said....maybe it is old oil in the lines or just small clog in the cooling line....my car is old and stock so the down time it had before coming into my hands could of effected it. I am going to take good care of her.

Old 05-30-2013, 10:44 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by Pbcrazy
Congrats on what? And no, the turbo is not electronic atleast in the terms you are thinking. Basically the more you press the gas, the more exhaust gasses come out, the more the turbine spin, the more boost. No electronics involved in making boost
on the aeb for sure but i don't know about others, the boost is controlled by the ecu (hence getting ur car chipped) basically the (turbo system ) is controlled electronically. but you are absolutely correct on how a turbo operates.

Old 05-31-2013, 12:20 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by thetaxi1077
on the aeb for sure but i don't know about others, the boost is controlled by the ecu (hence getting ur car chipped) basically the (turbo system ) is controlled electronically. but you are absolutely correct on how a turbo operates.
Thank you sir I knew what I was talking about, it is all good. I have cash now and well can say that I will have the codes soon. I did mess with my car some today for the first time in a while. I know it is not the turbo now I heard it spool up fine just got a check engine light for some reason which I will look into it this weekend.

Old 05-31-2013, 12:50 PM
1st Gear

no worries man. glad to hear the car is coming along. looking forward to more post to see how YOUR car comes out.

Old 06-01-2013, 01:14 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by thetaxi1077
no worries man. glad to hear the car is coming along. looking forward to more post to see how YOUR car comes out.
For Sure So I Took A Look At My Car More Today....I Got Paid LOL So Hit Up AutoZone...I Got A OBDII Reader For Cheap And Well I Heard My Turbo Spool Up So Not Blown Thanks..I Did Read The Code And Well Had A Misfire On Number 3 Plug....I Got To Thinking Damn I Have Yet To Change The Plugs....So Bought New NGK Plat's And Solved It.....The Codes No More And Well The **** About It Was The Damn Owner Before Had The Wrong Type Of Plugs For The CarTo Make It Worse There Was One NGK And Three Bosch Plugs....
I Still Have A Lot To Go On The Looks Because It Is Needing Some Parts And Paint...CV Drive Axles For Front But...Soon Will Have Pics And Mods LOL

Old 06-01-2013, 10:11 AM
1st Gear

sounds good man.