B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

Anyone got pics of their B5 with 18" rims with stock suspension?

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2010, 04:38 AM
1st Gear
Default Anyone got pics of their B5 with 18" rims with stock suspension?

just wanted to know what this would look like. considering it...maybe...maybe not. just sick of my OEM's.

my 98 a4 stock everything....still trying to figure out what to do with it.

Old 04-06-2010, 10:47 AM
2nd Gear

before you upgrade wheels i would highly recommend lowering your car. even with those 16"s your car looks like its ready for off roading. with 18's it will be even worse.

Old 04-06-2010, 10:59 AM
5th Gear

Couldn't have put it better flynnr

Old 04-06-2010, 01:33 PM
Tech Guru

Name:  PictureorVideo055.jpg
Views: 2084
Size:  124.7 KB
Name:  PictureorVideo056.jpg
Views: 3377
Size:  124.9 KB

stock sport suspension

i would at least get sport

Old 04-06-2010, 05:29 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by turbo kraut

stock sport suspension

i would at least get sport
know how i would get a sport suspension on an audi a4 1998 FWD????

Old 04-06-2010, 09:13 PM
Administrator

My sig pic is my car on my former 18s. I had an S4 setup on there which was only about a fingerwidth lower than stock non-sport ride height. My lowers are painted, which helped the look, but you can still see the big wheel gap.

Old 04-06-2010, 09:34 PM
3rd Gear

ECStuning.com I believe has sport susp parts. Or get lowering springs.

Old 04-07-2010, 11:22 AM
2nd Gear

You say that moneys not a problem, so just lower that bitch. You wont regret it, it will look better and handle better. The sport suspension isnt really a whole lot cheaper than a set of v-maxx coilovers and you have to replace the same parts anyway. 18s on stock suspension have alot of wheel gap. If you can afford it, just lower it. Our cars look 100% better lowered. If you dont want a terrible ride, then get good parts. You get what you pay for. Guys here run H&R, tein, Eibach, V-maxx, Koni etc with no problems. Do any of them ride exactly like stock...probably not. But they ride isnt like scrapping your *** on the ground. It will be comfortable. I've driven across states with it being comfortable. You've posted a couple times and you keep getting the same answers...your car will look awesome with a more aggressive stance and it will handle much better. Now get da ordering! lol. Good luck!

Old 04-07-2010, 11:56 PM
1st Gear
Talking

Originally Posted by joenelson7687
You say that moneys not a problem, so just lower that bitch. You wont regret it, it will look better and handle better. The sport suspension isnt really a whole lot cheaper than a set of v-maxx coilovers and you have to replace the same parts anyway. 18s on stock suspension have alot of wheel gap. If you can afford it, just lower it. Our cars look 100% better lowered. If you dont want a terrible ride, then get good parts. You get what you pay for. Guys here run H&R, tein, Eibach, V-maxx, Koni etc with no problems. Do any of them ride exactly like stock...probably not. But they ride isnt like scrapping your *** on the ground. It will be comfortable. I've driven across states with it being comfortable. You've posted a couple times and you keep getting the same answers...your car will look awesome with a more aggressive stance and it will handle much better. Now get da ordering! lol. Good luck!
i needed that...really i did. probabaly just going to go head first and invest in some decent coilovers. if anythings ill just adjust the dampening all the way to help with comfort. i noticed that suspension kits won't fix that uneven level that the back wheel gap has on the front wheel gap. thats why i guess coilovers look insane on b5's, cus it evens it out and fixes the wheel gaps. prolly get some h&r's...i heeard they got a 32 level dampening adjustments, which will hopefully satisfy my picky ***. i just was weary at first because people "in person" tell me coilovers are for people who race or go to the track..so the ride will definitely be bumpy...o wells.

Old 04-08-2010, 12:34 AM
Administrator

I'm running dampening adjustable H&R's and I love it!

Seriously, my car isn't at all for "racing". I mean I could take the corners fine but I lower it to achieve a more aggressive stance. It really depends on what you're looking for really. Some people get suspension so they can track the car but some really are doing it just to get better stance.

Quick Reply: Anyone got pics of their B5 with 18" rims with stock suspension?