B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

Bamboo Time.

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2012, 11:52 PM
2nd Gear

he says pulling the engine is that much easier rather than having to drop the subframe and transmission then trying to line it up on jack stands, hes done it so many times hell have it all out in 2hrs where as he says thats how long itd take him just he get everything else ready..

i trust him though he knows what hes doing, hes currently building a 900hp dailt vr6 turbo b5, full s4 interior, built in rollcage into headliner, electronic dump exhaust and a bunch of other crazy stuff

Old 07-24-2012, 07:15 AM

You don't have to drop the subframe to remove the tranny. Its going to be a lot harder to get an engine back in than to line a tranny up. I understand you trust your dude and all but it just doesn't make any sense.

Old 07-24-2012, 09:28 AM
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by B5 Audi
Tuesday driving to work, just cruising to work in third gear minding my own business when all of a sudden the rpms fly up and i lose third, dont know what happened try to go into forth, fifth, drop to second nothing. still rolling at like 25mph i manage to pull off the road into a little dirt area. Clutch is gone and is not grabbing a single gear. Waited around for like 2 hrs, first hour spent trying to find a trailer or a way to get it home. Second hour sent waiting when i decided what the hell ill call a tow truck and just pay to get it home. $100 bucks later and a missed day of work since i couldnt make it in the car is home. leave it parked outside looks so sad just sitting there.

When the clutch went on my 1.8 it happened exactly like this. Working fine one min then suddenly had no go at all and the rpm went straight to redline.

Old 07-24-2012, 10:41 AM
1st Gear

Bummer about the clutch man. What shop are you taking it to? I live in the Castle Rock area and have been looking for a new place.

Old 07-24-2012, 05:43 PM
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by audiaxel
Bummer about the clutch man. What shop are you taking it to? I live in the Castle Rock area and have been looking for a new place.
Its not a shop its a friend Jordan, he does alot of work on all us local guys audi best prices best work good guy i can send you his info if youd like, he lives down in denver.

as you can tell all us rocky mountain guys use him for work on our cars hahah
The "who's working on what" at Jordan's house thread

Old 07-25-2012, 01:11 PM
1st Gear

Haha cool, yeah could you PM me his info? As you could probably tell by the fact that I was looking for a shop, I'm 17 and not terribly handy when it comes to working on my car, but I'd definitely love to learn more.

Old 07-25-2012, 08:04 PM
2nd Gear

oh nice yea im 19, you in castle rock at all i wonder if ive seen you around, whats your car look like.
me and friends usually have some small meets like the one above you could come down, im the only audi haha they all have bmws. ill pm you his info

Old 07-25-2012, 08:26 PM
1st Gear

I agree with not needing to pull the engine to replace the clutch. Would be much less time consuming if you just kept it in the car. But hey if it's your buddy who is doing it and he wants to pull the engine then go for it.

Old 07-25-2012, 08:44 PM
2nd Gear

yea he says its easier and since hes the one doing the work he can go for it. we are doing other stuff so maybe itll be easier to do everything while its out well see, he is pulling it out tonight.

Old 07-25-2012, 09:05 PM
Site Moderator/B5 Tech Guru

Originally Posted by B5 Audi
yea he says its easier and since hes the one doing the work he can go for it. we are doing other stuff so maybe itll be easier to do everything while its out well see, he is pulling it out tonight.
Lol. Well, he says it's easier, while everyone here says it's much more work and not worth the trouble.

Don't forget that the bigger the project, the more likely you are to run into unexpected problems and delays.

Good luck, hope it goes smooth enough.

Quick Reply: Bamboo Time.