B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

which BT manifold?

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2008, 05:44 PM
1st Gear
Default which BT manifold?

which would you recommend

1. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Volks...spagenameZWD1V

2. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/jetta...spagenameZWD1V

3. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/VW-Go...spagenameZWD1V

im liking #2 so far, b/c godspeed is fairly well known. and i AM using external wastegate, do you think there will be good clearance between the wastegate and turbo? and should i just run a dump tube from he wastegate and leave it open and not connected to the rest of the DP?

Old 03-11-2008, 05:56 PM
Default RE: which BT manifold?

i wouldn't go with anything off ebay other then treadstone, one of the car magizines i have went with a godspeed for a turbo kit to do a cheap install and they had to customize everything, you dnt want to skimp out on things like that or you will pay , they are just not good quality, go with atp, 034, kinetic,ect....just not ebay for stuff like that unless it is name, its so cheap because it's made cheap

Old 03-11-2008, 06:09 PM
1st Gear

stay away from cast iron

Old 03-11-2008, 06:11 PM

Best value: 034
Best quality (IMO): Full Race

Old 03-11-2008, 06:26 PM
Tech Slut

i dont think it matters which one you buy if its going to crack or break anyway. pay a few hundred more for something reliable.

Old 03-11-2008, 06:30 PM
1st Gear

godspeed is a known brand.....and why not cast?

and wht is wrong with the godspeed one?, it is thru welded for strength and looks quality, how did they hve to fab the godspeed manifold?, all these companies manifold look the same, so how is it that godspeed is the only one that needed fabbing?

i really dont think i want to spend $300-$600 for a fvcking manifold

Old 03-11-2008, 06:31 PM
1st Gear

how can you guys say these will crack and are unreliable when u havent used them, please give me some posts/threads/articles where someone had problems with them, i just dont want to spend 300 more for the same thing with a different name on it

Old 03-11-2008, 06:33 PM
Tech Slut

what kind of setup are you scheming up?

Old 03-11-2008, 06:52 PM

they may look good but they are just out there for a buck, most of them dont say it can only hold 14psi unless you ask then they tell you, the one i was talking about the manifold didn't line up correctly, it was wavvy and didn't make a seal agianst the manifold gasket,poor desgn and what may look like good craftsmanship really isnt, but the way your response read you don't care what we think, DON'T ASK A QUESTION IF YOUR GOING TO GET ANGRY AT THE RESPONSE YOU GONNA GET. YOU ASKED AN OPINION YOU GOT IT DON'T GET ANGRYU BECAUSE IT ISN'T WHAT YOU WANTED TO HEAR.

if i could post the convesation between me and one of the manifold company's your trying to buy from i would, except it's a little old and got deleted, due to me having to start a new pay pal/ ebay account.

Old 03-11-2008, 07:04 PM
I'm make believe

Kemp, we are not going to do this type of thread again.

Cast good
ebay SS man bad

You can get away with a ebay cast manifold and used with a atp dp. If you buy a ebay SS man, it will break in about a week.

One last thing, kemp, you really are the type of person that needs a kit. Please dont take offense to that, but you are in way over your head on building your own. If you cant spend $3k on a t3t4 50trim kit and what not, do not spend the money.

Quick Reply: which BT manifold?