B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

which BT manifold?

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2008, 07:22 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: which BT manifold?

ORIGINAL: cincyTT

Kemp, we are not going to do this type of thread again.

Cast good
ebay SS man bad

You can get away with a ebay cast manifold and used with a atp dp. If you buy a ebay SS man, it will break in about a week.

One last thing, kemp, you really are the type of person that needs a kit. Please dont take offense to that, but you are in way over your head on building your own. If you cant spend $3k on a t3t4 50trim kit and what not, do not spend the money.
im not in over my head at all, my kit is almost complete besides the manifold

and that cast manifold i posted up would be a good choice cincy?

cincy ill be at edgewater this weekend...you gonna come?

Old 03-11-2008, 07:32 PM
I'm make believe

I have no car still. How can you have a kit and no manifold? The manifold has to work with the turbo, lines etc. You seriously sound like you are going to be in for a big surprise when your parts dont fit or work together.

Oh, and i want vids to back up your slips at edgewater. BTW, i know what edgewater looks like

Old 03-11-2008, 07:57 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: cincyTT

I have no car still. How can you have a kit and no manifold? The manifold has to work with the turbo, lines etc. You seriously sound like you are going to be in for a big surprise when your parts dont fit or work together.

Oh, and i want vids to back up your slips at edgewater. BTW, i know what edgewater looks like
i said i almost have my kit completed, i have everything lined up, and stuff, just gotta go get it, and this is why im trying to get my manifold....would the cast one that i posted up be a good choice?

Old 03-11-2008, 07:58 PM
1st Gear

cincy, if you have nothing to do, you can ride there with me, and i dont own a vid camera, so idk how ill get vids, but ill try and scan my slips

Old 03-11-2008, 09:00 PM
1st Gear

you gonna come cincy?

Old 03-11-2008, 09:03 PM
Tech Slut

haha cincy and kemp hangin out... hahaha

Old 03-11-2008, 09:13 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: FasterA4ThanUrs

haha cincy and kemp hangin out... hahaha
mature much?

Old 03-11-2008, 09:19 PM

While I'm all about saving money. There are times where it's good not to skimp. the critical engine parts aren't an area to be cheap. FMIC, Exhaust, intake..... have at it. but when your talking about the engine, pistons, heads, manifold, turbo ebay isn't the place. Sure you can get it, and it will probably work well for awhile, but sooner or later it's gonna crap out on you. then you have to spend at least double the price by spending the money again.

Old 03-11-2008, 09:27 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: The Bishop

While I'm all about saving money. There are times where it's good not to skimp. the critical engine parts aren't an area to be cheap. FMIC, Exhaust, intake..... have at it. but when your talking about the engine, pistons, heads, manifold, turbo ebay isn't the place. Sure you can get it, and it will probably work well for awhile, but sooner or later it's gonna crap out on you. then you have to spend at least double the price by spending the money again.
not to be a d!ck, but according to your post, i would put the manifold under the exhaust category, and not the engine category...it not even close to as critical as internals

but if i go ebay cast manifold i would say it couldnt be that bad

Old 03-11-2008, 09:30 PM

Except for the fact that it is inbetween the engine and the turbo. so it is exposed to very high heat and pressure.The exhaust isnt.

Quick Reply: which BT manifold?