B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

Diverter Valve.... Work or Not Work

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2008, 01:02 PM
1st Gear
Default Diverter Valve.... Work or Not Work

Okay, So I am also the one who posted NO BOOST HELP!!!!!!! I am still very in need of some serious help here. I am stilling what for the dealer to call me back. They have replaced the wastegate actuator, they said it was bad, and after that was fixed I am still holding no boost. They checked the turbo and it is spinning and no leaking any oil, they also SAID that they had checked the DV and from what they saw said it was okay, but I think differently. About a week ago I put in a boost gauge, and I am peaking at 1-2 psi, something is majorly wrong here. I physically got underneath the car and checked all of the hoses from and to the turbo and the surrounding parts, evrything was okay, except for the hose from the 1st runner of the intake, a vaccum hose that I teed off for the boost gauge, which was breaded with fabric and brittle. It had a whole in it where it connects to what I believe is the DV. So, I replaced the hose and clamped it nice and tight. That was before I even took the car in. So, I was wondering if that is the correct hose to the DV, if the whole in the line would cause damage to the DV, and an easy way to test if it is working properly.

Please Help I Have Big Plans For This Car

Old 03-27-2008, 01:07 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: Diverter Valve.... Work or Not Work

I had a hole in my dv and it still boosted. My only guess is to see if the wastegate actuator actually moves when you give it gas. You should see the rod move if not your n75 maybe bad. If it moves very well you could have a hole in the turbo like I did. It was just under the wastegate flap. From what I am reading the dealership does not have a clue and are just shotgun troubleshooting.