B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

eBay DV review *PICS*

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2008, 12:33 AM
1st Gear
Default eBay DV review *PICS*

Ok, so I needed a new DV for my 4 since i chipped it and the stock one went to s*it!

I bought one on eBay, and I was a bit apprehensive. But this thing seems to be just as good as a forge which everyone rattles on about. The machining looks good, and it is pretty heavy/well built.

I attached some pics. If anyone had any reservations about this dv im going to dispell them now. it works like its supposed to for a lot less. I think the forge dv is overpriced for what it is. I got this one for about 65 bucks including shipping from ebay.
heres a link if your interested.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...13102&rd=1

those are just my 2 cents. and no, im not getting paid to write this.

Old 03-08-2008, 12:57 AM
I'm make believe
Default RE: eBay DV review *PICS*

Its cheap because it literally copied everything from forge.

Old 03-08-2008, 01:03 AM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: cincyTT

Its cheap because it literally copied everything from forge.
That being said, it is still cheap!

Old 03-08-2008, 02:25 AM
SoCal Crew Member

good ol' ebay, what rip-off stuff can you not get from them, i agree about Forge being over priced. Im no anti-capitalist but when a company is obviously selling performance parts at totally outrageous prices simply because the market they sell to is more likely going to have more money to spend since there cars are higher end thats sick business. I have never looked at the Audi aftermarket scene the same since i bought my Carbonio intake. That thing was designed like sheeot, and price gouged like some ******* oil. Dont buy into all that talk about "audi is just built differently and it requires higher end craftsmenship on performance parts." Carbonio may as well be on Hondas and Mazdas for how well engineered they actually are in relation to there price. The truth is, VW and Audi's stuff comes from the same minds and while Audi features more on there standard vehicles to say that there engineering is on some higher level which requires better aftermarket stuff is ridiculous, the relation of price from VW parts to Audi parts just shows that the "name brand" pricing on Audi is gouged in order to take advantage, That to me is 100% BS! keep it real with the Ebay ****! All forge can claim is there warranty. We all know there valves only take some intermediate CNC work, not worth the price...

Old 03-08-2008, 02:37 AM
1st Gear

[sm=exactly.gif]i totally agree with you..thought tha Carbonio was going to be tha most amazing thing ever...its a heat sheild filter and CARBON FIBER lets get real here...i went with the APR R1 DV when it first came out and no regrets