B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

Giac chip- group buy!

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2009, 05:58 PM
2nd Gear
Default Giac chip- group buy!

I have spoken with GIAC and they put me in contact with someone at AWE Tuning to help get together a group buy.

Here's the breakdown

-10 people minimum
-97-99.5 $270 plus shipping – no install fee
-00-01 $405 plus shipping – no install fee
(Above are if the cars have stock K03’s)

If they are K04 cars, then pricing is as follows.
$495 plus shipping – no install fee

TURN AROUND TIME: Assuming the ECU’s do not require removal of a competitors old socketed style or soldered in chips, the turn around is same day. It ships back the day we get it.

Let me know what everyone thinks and let me know if you're interested!

Product Link: http://www.awe-tuning.com/pages/shar...s&IL=GIACChips

GIAC GROUP BUY EXTENSION! WE NEED 10 ECUs (9/14/09)

1. jmgrande (2001)
2. Pbbrof (99.5)
3. 99blueb5 (1999)
4. zakario (98.5)

Why GIAC?

1. GIAC has the most experience of any US tuner reprogramming Bosch Motronic. GIAC reprograms Audi/VW/Porsche/BMW/Mercedes/Fiat/Citroen destined for both US and German markets.

2. GIAC only writes ECU software and does not lose R&D time on developing exhausts, suspension, turbo kits, air filters, etc.

3. GIAC takes a base program from a new ECU (starting in their computer lab, using five dedicated networked computers) and completely disassembles out important functions using extremely complex engineering software. This is the same software used for the development of these ECUs by the manufacturer. When needed, GIAC emulates in real time with a professional engineering emulator, which allows 6 bit triggering and the ability to capture virtually any event while they run an ECU on a workbench.

4. GIAC then takes that source code and loads it into GIAC proprietary software "SHW version 8.02", where they can correctly modify any settings in the ECU. This makes GIAC different because they do not use commercial chip modifying software which can radically limit the tuning freedom needed to make a factory quality program. With a factory quality product, you will get silky smooth performance with stable power. GIAC can rewrite the code in SHW to modify anything.

5. GIAC designs and engineers in house all of their own printed circuit boards for encryption using advanced CAD software. They also write all of their own programs for encryption. This allows GIAC to get product to market much faster for a large variety of cars. It also protects GIAC software from increasingly common piracy found in the industry today. GIAC encrypts all of their chips to protect the cutting edge programming techniques they use.

6. GIAC's close ties with Bosch Gmbh ensures that their chips are state of the art.

Why consider anything else?

Please visit the GIAC homepage for even further information on GIAC and their state of the art technology. Their recent success in getting the legendary Porsche 959 to pass Federal emissions standards qualifies them as the industry leader.

Upgrade Policy: We will provide free lifetime upgrades to GIAC chip users who have purchased the chip directly from us. Upgrades apply to current versions of the same type of chip. There are no upgrade paths for certain chips, such as for larger turbo packages. However, we do have discounts available for all GIAC chip users when purchasing a complete larger turbo kit from us. Please inquire about discounts or with any questions you may have regarding this policy.

Last edited by jmgrande; 09-30-2009 at 01:44 AM. Reason: deadline
Old 09-01-2009, 06:27 PM

put me down for a strong maybe.
I am sick of trying to make my piece o **** speedtuning chip work.

Old 09-01-2009, 07:09 PM
Administrator

GIAC FTW!

I already got my chip a long time ago, otherwise I'll be all over this.

So how is this gonna work? If shipping is required, what's the appx. turn back time?
I think more infos would get more interest.

Old 09-01-2009, 07:15 PM
3rd Gear

i would be interested to see if giac would work when your speedtuning doesnt. i would suspect that the chip isnt your problem and wouldnt change anything, its probably worn hardware under the hood that isnt up to the task. i know giac specifies on their site the mileage on your MAF, O2 sensors, etc that are acceptable for use with their software. most are around 50-60k miles.

i guess 10% off isnt a bad deal.

Old 09-01-2009, 07:33 PM
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by Broncoman75
put me down for a strong maybe.
I am sick of trying to make my piece o **** speedtuning chip work.
Originally Posted by ghost6303
i would be interested to see if giac would work when your speedtuning doesnt. i would suspect that the chip isnt your problem and wouldnt change anything, its probably worn hardware under the hood that isnt up to the task. i know giac specifies on their site the mileage on your MAF, O2 sensors, etc that are acceptable for use with their software. most are around 50-60k miles.

i guess 10% off isnt a bad deal.
Part of the reason I am doing this is because some many people had problems with the SpeedTuning chip. AWE will properly tune the chip in the ECU and offer customer service.

It's more like 20% off.

Old 09-01-2009, 08:10 PM
1st Gear

figures this would happen now....

Old 09-01-2009, 08:12 PM
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by punkrocker5817
figures this would happen now....
Sorry, but you don't have a turbo anyway.

Old 09-01-2009, 08:33 PM
2nd Gear

i second what ghost says... half the people in the ST groupbuy are cryin and if they all get the GIAC i bet none of their tunes will work either way. its hardware not software thats their problems

Old 09-02-2009, 12:34 AM
2nd Gear

to the top

Old 09-02-2009, 02:09 AM
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by flynnr
i second what ghost says... half the people in the ST groupbuy are cryin and if they all get the GIAC i bet none of their tunes will work either way. its hardware not software thats their problems
+1. The chip is great, it's doing its function just fine, everyone who is having a problem has some small mechanical gremlin that isnt very apparent. Broncoman, I know you've done a lot trying to get this to work, you've done leak down tests, replaced vac lines etc, but there are a lot of nit picky components that can be causing the problem but not jumping right out and saying "I'M A COMMON PROBLEM, LOOK AT ME! HERE'S YOUR ISSUE! THIS IS WHAT YOU NEED TO FIX!"

Quick Reply: Giac chip- group buy!