B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

I need more power!

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2013, 06:10 PM
1st Gear
Default I need more power!

Well every time I drive my daughter's '98 1.8T I get depressed..however she is happy with it. My commuter Honda Civic Hybrid seems to have more "giddie up" than her car.

What the best "bang for my buck" related to upgrades that will give the A4 more stink when I hammer the pedal?

Old 02-05-2013, 06:13 PM
Administrator
Old 02-05-2013, 09:59 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by Spondon83
Well every time I drive my daughter's '98 1.8T I get depressed..however she is happy with it. My commuter Honda Civic Hybrid seems to have more "giddie up" than her car.

What the best "bang for my buck" related to upgrades that will give the A4 more stink when I hammer the pedal?
chip it stage 1, itl blow your socks off.. na just kidding but it will be a noticeable improvement, up until you get used to it then youll want more.

Old 02-06-2013, 04:29 PM
1st Gear

Good Stuff...Chipping it might be the cheapest avenue to get a little more power since right now it's a serious dog. Upgrading the Turbo would require my daughter's financial commitment.

Lots of Audi "sponsor" ads, which is the most reliable when making my purchase?

Thanks again!

Old 02-07-2013, 09:36 AM
Administrator

Being on the west coast, you should be able to find plenty of APR dealers in your area. There's some cheaper options in the MD/DC/VA area but the added down time might not be worth it for you. What are you looking to spend?

Old 02-08-2013, 01:05 PM
4th Gear

Good Stuff...Chipping it might be the cheapest avenue to get a little more power since right now it's a serious dog. Upgrading the Turbo would require my daughter's financial commitment.

Lots of Audi "sponsor" ads, which is the most reliable when making my purchase?

Thanks again!
Chipping the A4 1.8t is the best bang for the buck mod there is.

Best choice would be to find the closest tuner to you, the big tuners usually have a dealer list or dealer locator on their site. If you are in the SB bay area there are a few places out there, like 034 Motorsports and Dynospot Racing. GIAC web site also shows a Kovacs Motors in San Rafael. Dynosport Racing is in San Jose while 034 Motorsports is in San Jose. If you go to DRS or 034 mention me "Mike Hood". I know the owners of both shops and many of the people that work at both shops, I am also a dealer for 034. If you don't mind shipping your ECU out I am able to offer tunes from GIAC, APR, Unitronic, Revo, Eurodyne and 034. All of the shops I deal with for those tunes are in CA, so you wouldn't need to ship your ECU far.

Old 02-08-2013, 04:32 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by Mike-2ptzero
Chipping the A4 1.8t is the best bang for the buck mod there is.

Best choice would be to find the closest tuner to you, the big tuners usually have a dealer list or dealer locator on their site. If you are in the SB bay area there are a few places out there, like 034 Motorsports and Dynospot Racing. GIAC web site also shows a Kovacs Motors in San Rafael. Dynosport Racing is in San Jose while 034 Motorsports is in San Jose. If you go to DRS or 034 mention me "Mike Hood". I know the owners of both shops and many of the people that work at both shops, I am also a dealer for 034. If you don't mind shipping your ECU out I am able to offer tunes from GIAC, APR, Unitronic, Revo, Eurodyne and 034. All of the shops I deal with for those tunes are in CA, so you wouldn't need to ship your ECU far.
I have no clue what the down time would be, where the ECU is located, what this stuff costs and little experience with the Audi in general...it's a far cry from the Formula Vee I used to run around with at Laguna. However I'm not afraid to roll up my sleeves. PM me to let me know what my next steps should and could be.

Old 02-08-2013, 04:40 PM
4th Gear

I have no clue what the down time would be, where the ECU is located, what this stuff costs and little experience with the Audi in general...it's a far cry from the Formula Vee I used to run around with at Laguna. However I'm not afraid to roll up my sleeves. PM me to let me know what my next steps should and could be.
Well if you take it to a shop they will do the work for you since most of the tunes now are flashed thru the OBD2 port.