B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

Just bought s4 wheels and got ripped off

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2012, 03:03 AM
1st Gear

thanks guys, yeah i think they look good, i'll refinish them when i have time, but the problem now is... AHH, always an issue.

The car pulls to the right, and it's pretty substantial... it's not just when I let go of the steering wheel, even when I'm holding the steering wheel with both hands, it turns right pretty bad... like, it'll pull right, so I'll correct it by turning left a bit, and even when the steering wheel is pointing left, it'll still pull back right...

the guy at discount tire said the wheels weren't bent bad at all so I'm not positive why it's pulling right so hard...

knowledge always appreciated!

Old 06-26-2012, 03:03 AM
1st Gear

thanks guys, yeah i think they look good, i'll refinish them when i have time, but the problem now is... AHH, always an issue.

The car pulls to the right, and it's pretty substantial... it's not just when I let go of the steering wheel, even when I'm holding the steering wheel with both hands, it turns right pretty bad... like, it'll pull right, so I'll correct it by turning left a bit, and even when the steering wheel is pointing left, it'll still pull back right...

the guy at discount tire said the wheels weren't bent bad at all so I'm not positive why it's pulling right so hard...

knowledge always appreciated!

sorry for the double post, internet lagged!

Old 06-26-2012, 03:35 AM
1st Gear

sounds like you need an alignment. probably a good idea if you haven't had one in a while since you just got new tires.

Old 06-26-2012, 04:02 AM
1st Gear

I should add that this wasn't an issue at all before today, when I put the new wheels/tires on... I even had a donut on the front before the new wheels/tires.and.it.didn't pull anything like it does now

Seems as tho the bent rim was bent enough to do this? No real bad vibrations either!

I'm gonna go crazy soon! If I could just get a reliable set of wheels and tires I could move on to bigger and better things

Old 06-26-2012, 04:10 AM
1st Gear

i bent a rim really bad over the winter and it was wobbling, but didn't pull. it was on the front too. my back is slightly bent, definitely not as bad, i didn't bother getting it fixed. i had the front repaired. i dunno... i'd start with the alignment if you haven't had one in a while. maybe change your tre's and then get one at least you'd have an excuse to haha

Old 06-26-2012, 07:18 AM
Administrator

I assume the wheels were balanced when the tires were mounted? If you hit something hard enough to bend a wheel it's likely your alignment is way out of spec. If there's one around you, it would be worth it to hit up Firestone for their lifetime alignment deal.

Old 06-26-2012, 01:41 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by CCA4
I assume the wheels were balanced when the tires were mounted? If you hit something hard enough to bend a wheel it's likely your alignment is way out of spec. If there's one around you, it would be worth it to hit up Firestone for their lifetime alignment deal.
yeah the wheels were balanced, one of the rims was slightly bent when I bought them so it wasn't bent on my car, it didn't pull funny at all before I put these wheels and tires on yesterday so I thought my alignment was fine, could it still be my alignment even though it didn't do it at all before the new wheels and tires? I looked into it a bit and most people say a bent wheel doesn't really cause much pulling, more vibrations than anything

I'm sure the car hasn't had an alignment forever anyways though it would probably be a good idea to get one, I'll check out Firestone.

I'm taking it back to Discount Tire later and telling them it pulls really bad to the right, maybe they balanced them wrong or something, I'm sure they'll rebalance and recheck the pressure, or put the bent rim on the rear and see if that helps.

Old 06-26-2012, 05:41 PM
1st Gear

just had discount swap the tires around a couple times to check for radial pull/push and it's not the tires, and a bent wheel doesn't cause pulling as far as I know, so apparently my alignment is off? just weird because it didn't do it before I got the new wheels/tires.

fuckkk

Old 06-27-2012, 08:56 AM
Tech Guru

so i gotta say it, you didn't get ripped off, you just weren't an educated buyer

i would of called the seller on those not being s4 wheels..... but if you want s4 wheels, i'd trade you a set of factory s4 wheels for the celebs

pm me if you want as i don't visit the forum as much as i used to