B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

just got a letter from audi

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2010, 03:06 AM
2nd Gear

I got my letter about a month ago,i bought my car through a dealership but not a Audi dealership,one of those dealerships that specialize in Audi/vw/mercedes/bmw/saab ect...

I don't have this issue by the way but it is good to know how to avoid water damaging my leather interior ^_^

Old 06-04-2010, 02:42 AM
1st Gear

I think they send you the letter based on your VIN and the address on the car's title. Anyway, I never had a problem with my sunroof, but should I bring it into my Audi dealer just to have it checked out?

Old 06-04-2010, 09:19 AM
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by lespaul2510
I think they send you the letter based on your VIN and the address on the car's title. Anyway, I never had a problem with my sunroof, but should I bring it into my Audi dealer just to have it checked out?
I think there is a need for clearification,you can't just bring it to an Audi dealer and have it "checked out"for free.

The sole purpose of the letter is to instruct people that own the models listed,on how to prevent the sunroof,water drain issue,its pretty much an amendment to your owners manal.

The only situation that would merit free service on your Audi,is if it is currently effected or has been effected in the past by the soonroof issue,therefore causing damage,so that means,you can't just bring it in and expect it to get serviced. Thats the whole purpose of the letter,which again,gives you tips on how to clean the drains and check for any blockage.

Old 06-04-2010, 11:31 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by morpheous
I think there is a need for clearification,you can't just bring it to an Audi dealer and have it "checked out"for free.

The sole purpose of the letter is to instruct people that own the models listed,on how to prevent the sunroof,water drain issue,its pretty much an amendment to your owners manal.

The only situation that would merit free service on your Audi,is if it is currently effected or has been effected in the past by the soonroof issue,therefore causing damage,so that means,you can't just bring it in and expect it to get serviced. Thats the whole purpose of the letter,which again,gives you tips on how to clean the drains and check for any blockage.
Oh, ok, that make more sense. Thanks

Old 06-04-2010, 11:49 AM
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by morpheous

Doesn't have to be an Audi dealer. You will be reimbursed by Audi by documenting any actual cost you had (invoice/receipt normally).

Old 06-04-2010, 11:53 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by vtraudt
Doesn't have to be an Audi dealer. You will be reimbursed by Audi by documenting any actual cost you had (invoice/receipt normally).
Only if it happen prior to the settlement, now that audi has informed everyone of the issue they are no longer liable. If you read the letter it states that.

Old 06-04-2010, 12:06 PM
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by chocalotstarfish
Only if it happen prior to the settlement, now that audi has informed everyone of the issue they are no longer liable. If you read the letter it states that.
Sneaky bastards!
Need to have my trusted garage backdate the bill then, huh?

Old 06-05-2010, 02:07 AM
1st Gear

gone a letter too, but i dont have any problems on my sunroof yet, yeah so if anybody could give us a link on how to clean the sunroof rails or whatever it called that would be nice so we can prevent it from clogging...thanks

Old 06-05-2010, 04:05 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by mikekey
No joke, I just got the letter today. If you bought your car through a dealership you should get the letter.
I bought mine off some dude in Downtown LA and i still got the letter >.>

Old 06-05-2010, 08:47 AM
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by KinkySlayer
I bought mine off some dude in Downtown LA and i still got the letter >.>
I'm almost 100% positive,they go by Registration and or Car Title in your name.

Quick Reply: just got a letter from audi