B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

New Forge K007 DV... No sound at all

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2012, 02:16 PM
1st Gear
Default New Forge K007 DV... No sound at all

Hey guys!!! I just got a brand new Forge K 007 DV for my Audi A4 b5 1.8 Turbo Quattro 180 PS! I installed it on my own and got rid of the old plastic one... installed the new one with no problem at all...and secured it so it doesnt go away

Anyway my car is all stock but I was expecting to hear the blow off on gear changes like my stock one used to (Actually I was expecting a bit more noise from the forge one)...but there is nothing!!! No sound at all...only a quick ts and nothing more.

I went back to the store I got it and they told me its for the stock setup of the car...and its normal that I dont hear anything...

So if you guys can enlighten me...because I payed for it 180 Dollars(150 euros) and I was expecting something more...

Any change that my stock spring would fit forge??? so I can replace them tomorrow and hear something from it?

Old 07-30-2012, 02:21 PM
1st Gear

If you want to hear it then delete your airbox and put a cone filter at the end of the TIP (hose that goes from the airbox to the turbo) and youll hear it for sure.

Old 07-30-2012, 02:44 PM
1st Gear

well how about that???

And explain more please...yeah delete the airbox..and put a cone filter on the hose that goes to the turbo...like a small cone filter...because if I recall the hose that goes to the turbo is a small one.... correct me if I am wrong.

are there cone filters that you can install your MAP sensor???

Old 07-30-2012, 02:59 PM
Administrator

The stock airbox is actually designed quite well as far as flow and getting cool air into the engine. The only reason you would want/need to remove it is to make the intake/diverter valve louder. If you search this forum for "swiss cheese mod" or "airbox mod" or "cone intake" or any combination of those words you'll find a plethora of threads that have covered this topic. If you decide to go with a K&N oiled cotton element, make sure it isn't over-oiled when you install it. The oil will ruin the MAF sensor.

Also, I believe the Forge 007 comes with several springs. Which one did you install?

Old 07-30-2012, 03:16 PM
1st Gear

how about that? Forge Splitter FMDVSPLTR, The Diverter and Blow Off Valve in One! - Blowoff Valves / Diverter Valves

and I am not really sure its the 007.... it came with one spring...and when i got back into the shop...he told me its for the stock install...and other springs are harder... I will try go back tomorrow and tell him if he can take back my DV...and get me the one on the link....

Is this a good one!

EDIT its the FMCL007P

Last edited by Gasketse; 07-30-2012 at 03:21 PM.
Old 07-30-2012, 04:29 PM
Site Moderator/B5 Tech Guru

Just install the 007 in reverse and get the car chipped. You will hear it without drilling holes in your airbox or running a splitter.

Old 07-30-2012, 04:34 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by BaseDrifter
Just install the 007 in reverse and get the car chipped. You will hear it without drilling holes in your airbox or running a splitter.
is that safe? reversing the DV?

Old 07-30-2012, 04:41 PM

Yes, the DV will function installed in either direction. It should be louder when installed in reverse, I've been running mine reversed for years.

As long as the piston opens and the air is diverted to avoid compressor surge, it's doing its job.

Old 07-30-2012, 04:49 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by BaseDrifter
Yes, the DV will function installed in either direction. It should be louder when installed in reverse, I've been running mine reversed for years.

As long as the piston opens and the air is diverted to avoid compressor surge, it's doing its job.
so I guess..i put it on the other way around..so the spring is on the side of the turbo??? how will it get open if it pushed it more?... I dont get it...or I am stupid ?

Old 07-30-2012, 05:00 PM

Originally Posted by Gasketse
so I guess..i put it on the other way around..so the spring is on the side of the turbo??? how will it get open if it pushed it more?... I dont get it...or I am stupid ?
The proper orientation for an aftermarket piston style DV is to install it in the reverse of the OEM DV. So the bottom of the piston should be on the compressor side. The piston is held closed by the vacuum line being under boost when WOT. When the throttle plates close that boosted line holding the piston closed turns to vacuum and opens the valve.

So to install the Forge in reverse, it should be installed the same way as the OEM valve.

Hope that's not too confusing.

Quick Reply: New Forge K007 DV... No sound at all