B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

Noobie a4 owner

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2010, 08:30 PM
Administrator

On my 99, which has the 30v V6, all four O2 sensors are four-wire. Yours probably is too but check www.rockauto.com and search them for your car to be sure. They sell the universal sensors at a good price.

Old 07-27-2010, 08:37 PM
Site Moderator

Originally Posted by devlzluv
gonna end up making me hate and love this car!
Looks like you are catching on real quick!

Old 07-27-2010, 08:40 PM
Administrator

Yep, spoken like a true B5 owner.

Old 07-27-2010, 09:19 PM

Originally Posted by ImTheDevil
Yep, spoken like a true B5 owner.
lol well wife gave go ahead to fix this over the next 2 months to get it were it needs to be since its kinda be neglected (engine wise that is) instead of just keeping it clean (previous owner gd didnt keep up with things that needed to be done). Ive ordered the ca set so hopefully that will eliminate the squeaking and also a used strut for that side for now for that just in case that its actually that. Im gonna get better suspension once ive addressed all the need to fix now issues like the ca stuff and now the winding. Gonna go like this engine compartment first/exterior-tires and such, interior-panels/roof-headliner/insturment panel-lol damn ac control works but wont display. Then hopefully it will be good then I will start making the car better such as a new clutch/better suspension/headlights-led w/hid. Lol ima post pics tomorrow and you will see why im so damn torn.I would have just said f it and sold it but cant pass up a car in this good of condition cosmetically ya know so stay tuned.

Old 07-27-2010, 09:50 PM

Lol well me and the wifey have taken about 5 shots each to the AUDI gods now for safe passage of this vehicle. Ha just order the full front control arm setup (ty 1.80) and also 2 brand new oem front struts. Hopefully that will eliminate the embarassing squeak that everyone hears goign down the road and thru neighborhoods (lol all the kids look and laugh, thank god for tinted windows). After I get these installed, next is a full no bs tune-up, spark plugs (recomend some decent ones), spark plug wires (again recomend decent ones-not no crazy *** 200 dollar ones), air filter, new serpentine belt (hopefully it will knock out the wining, checkign and replacing hoses as needed, new ignition switch since the one i have now you have to turn back on your own since the stock one wont kick back itself (dealership will replace but have to drive 3 hours since they told me has to be replaced at the dealer that it was bout from which is BS) idk if i have to buy whole new ignition with keys or maybe they sell a piece that fits underneath that pops it back, fuel clean-k44 i love that stuff and its a god send for whatever vehicle I put it in. If all goes well from that and its running strong (knock on wood gd das audi) getting my good friend to order me a set of tires from his work (gets 50% off of continental) which is good for the wifey since shes not a crazy driver in any car. Blah im rambling but hey im drunk so deal. Then I will tackle the interior, rear pillars must be replaced, interior cleaned very well and headliner refurbished with new fabric (cleanign very well since old owner smoked and covered up with crazy scents, piested me the hell off since i didnt see the scents all under the seats), ac control unit so i can actually see what im doing on the damn control unit (glad it still works though so o well), new speaker grills for rear, then new stereo and new speakers all around since it only has 2 . Lol gotta love the things we do for r wifes (cough cough i mean me since she wants a new car in a year and ima get this one for fun so thats why im doing this and will upgrade to what i want for a fun touring car.

Old 07-29-2010, 02:51 PM

Well after ordering the control arm set and 2 new struts for the front, I called audi dealer and got into the system so i can get my ignition fixed for free and also got the service records. Well previous owner was a douche and slapped a s-line badge on the back even when its not and has no s-line stuff except some trim inside, regular springs since there not red and service records show it was never purchased with the s-line package.

I went ahead and got some things for a good tuneup also since im already gonna be digging into her guts, figured wtf lets give her a once over for piece of mind. Went to blauparts and shocked there stuff is affordable, went ahead and order the tuneup kit-plugs and wires/fuel filter/air filter/cabin filter/oil filter/oil plug and washer (always replace these on any car I get. Hopefully after this nice tune up and overhaul she will run better, also seafoaming her when I got to get oil. Then when im in there goign to try and discover the spooling sound when I acclerate hard.

Old 07-30-2010, 02:51 PM
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by devlzluv
im just gonna go ahead and order the fcp control arm kit (315 one) and 2 of the front shocks (88 dollar one). Later in the month ill replace the rear and the bushings.
from where r u gonna order the shocks, My baby needs them

Old 07-30-2010, 03:27 PM

Originally Posted by lumend13
from where r u gonna order the shocks, My baby needs them
actually got them on ebay, its a local dealer. ill shoot you a pm with there name and number, picked up to brand new oem for 80 bucks shipped. These will hol dme over till I get her up and running to my standards

Old 08-01-2010, 07:55 PM
2nd Gear
Default About that whining sound

I see you're going to get in there and start doing some work under the hood in an effort to diagnose and murder that whining sound.. I had a whining that was present during idle and would go away as I increased RPM. Then my timing belt tensioner broke causing pistons to ruin my heads. When you're in there you might wanna spin the timing belt tensioner and listen to the bearing in it. Wouldn't hurt and would save alot of heartache.

Love and hate my audi.

Old 08-01-2010, 08:30 PM
Administrator

^^^This is hard-earned advice. Heed it.

Quick Reply: Noobie a4 owner