B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

Power Locks???

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2008, 11:02 AM
2nd Gear
Question Power Locks???

Ok so when i bought the car from this guy all i got was one key that does not have power locks on the key. So my question is how do i know if my car has power locks? and if it does where can i get the remote for it. Also my main lock/unlock button does not work meaning i have to lock and unlock doors manually all the time. maybe a switch or a relay or something. If anyone has a diagram of a fuse box that would be amazing ive been looking online but cant find it anywhere. Thanks for the help in advance

Old 08-22-2008, 11:21 AM
3rd Gear

vagcat.com

your car does have power locks. all the locks are controled by a vaccuum system and it has a vaccuum pump somewhere under the dash to power it. the locks arent electrical, they each have an air tube going to them which is why they are so quiet. probably that vaccuum pump is shot or you blew a fuse somewhere.

Old 08-22-2008, 01:38 PM
2nd Gear

wow really its not electrical?
so that means that if there is a hole in the air tube then it wont work.
why these cars have to be so complicated. my pump works 100% i know this because when i lock the car through trunk to activate alarm all the doors lock just fine so that means it sends air through so i guess i just need to get the diagram of the fuse box and find out where is the power locks located in the fuse box ans check it,

hey man thanks a lot

Old 08-23-2008, 05:12 AM
Banned

Sounds to me like you have an electrical problem in your door, as far as your inside lock switch is concerned. Your key should lock all doors and set the alarm through the driver side door lock. If you can't do the following or the previous mentioned thing, something is wrong. You can roll your windows up and down by turning the key to the unlock position (to roll down) and holding it, as well as turning it to the lock position and holding to roll them up. As far as the remote goes, you can get them from the dealer. You can try ebay, but the dealer is your best bet. Don't be surprised, it will cost alot. Audi dealer is the only one that can cut the key on the switchblade remote. Then, you have to program the remote through a process that requires two keys (easy). If your car has an immobilizer, you will need to take it to the dealer. My remote when I bought my car was broken inside (one of the chips separated from the circuit board). I bought a key from the dealer and reprogrammed the new remote myself.

Last edited by JrAdrock; 08-23-2008 at 05:15 AM.