B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

Suede beltline trim is now complete (finished pics inside)

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2009, 12:39 AM
3rd Gear

I have been looking for a tutorial with pictures on how to remove the headliner and pillars. I know how to apply the fabric and what to use, I redid my rear deck as well (black and tanish paisley) and plan on wrapping the pillars and headliner in black suede.

Old 03-09-2009, 12:39 AM
Administrator

Looks really clean! I can't wait until you do the seats and other little interiors that you plan to do. It's gonna be sick!

Where is the best place to get suede material?

Old 03-09-2009, 12:40 AM
5th Gear

I'm out of class at 5. what time will you be home? i want to do the CC on my new HLs cuz i sold the old ones

Old 03-09-2009, 12:41 AM
Administrator

Look up just a few posts in this thread - I edited one of my posts a few minutes ago with a link to a post by Auditech79 on how to remove the headliner. It isn't illustrated or photo-enhanced, but from the description, it's pretty easy. As for the pillars, they just pop off - it takes quite a bit of force because they are clipped in very securely, but there are no hidden screws or anything on them - just gotta lever them off. See if Auditech's post helps you with the headliner though.

Old 03-09-2009, 12:42 AM
Administrator

Originally Posted by hiwords
I'm out of class at 5. what time will you be home? i want to do the CC on my new HLs cuz i sold the old ones
I'll be home by 6, but I'll unlock the garage for you before I go - come on over as soon as you're out if you want. Plenty of beer left

Old 03-09-2009, 12:45 AM
5th Gear

cool, i'll stop over after class.

Old 03-09-2009, 12:46 AM
Administrator

Originally Posted by kriptonik
Looks really clean! I can't wait until you do the seats and other little interiors that you plan to do. It's gonna be sick!

Where is the best place to get suede material?
Thanks man, I love it I think the whole thing, once finished, should be pretty bad-***. The seats will wait awhile though - they're gonna be big-time expensive I'm sure (local place here wanted $800 to reskin just the front seats in my Z, and that was 7 years ago - they recently quoted a friend $360 to replace ONE PANEL on his A4 driver's seat). I'll definitely shop around (I know of a place called The Secret Service in Syracuse, about an hour from me, and they did great work on a friend's Z for a very reasonable price), but my leather is still pretty good with no rips or holes, so I won't sweat it there. The headliner, pillars, and armrest are going to be done in the next month though. Pics of course to follow.

I get the suede at JoAnn Fabrics in town here. I know they have at least a couple of stores here, but I don't know if they are national. I've tried places like AC Moore and Michael's craft shops, but they don't have suede (at least here). JoAnn's lists the suede at $22/yd (54" wide rolls), but they're always on 40% off, so out the door with tax, a yard runs $14.25.

Old 03-09-2009, 12:47 AM
Administrator

Originally Posted by hiwords
cool, i'll stop over after class.
Sounds good. I should be here probably just a bit after you are. Maybe I'll do my A pillars while you're doing the CC mod.

Old 03-09-2009, 12:39 PM
1st Gear

Looks refreshingly. Nice job. As someone said, you should make a DIY thread as well.

Old 03-09-2009, 01:00 PM
Site Moderator

Not my cup of tea (big pimpin!) but it looks like you did a pro looking job on the install, so I do commend you on that.

Quick Reply: Suede beltline trim is now complete (finished pics inside)