B6 Models Please discuss all 2002 - 2005 B6 A4 topics here...

Electrical Problem... Imagine that!

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2011, 02:52 PM
1st Gear
Exclamation Electrical Problem... Imagine that!

anyways I have 2003 Audi A4 Quattro 3.0

The passed few days i have been having issues with the battery draining...

I have checked all fuses, and found that they are all good.
for sh its and giggles i decided to run a code scan and got two codes one for engine and one for A/T

Engine code: P0030 / H02S Heater Control Circuit Bank 1 Sensor 1
A/T code: P0741 Torque Converter Clutch Circuit Performance / Stuck Off

i also have experienced some weird electrical problems such as the moon roof opening and closes at its free will and some times the windows like to stutter when going up and down.

I have tested 02 Sensor and i know for a fact it is good...
I suspect my torque converter is not bad and thinking it could possibly be the solenoid???

As far as the battery draining and these symptoms im having is it possible i have a faulty relay that is causing my issues? also has anyone here experienced these symptoms?

P.S. the car shifts fine while i drive but have not tested it on highway i just get really bad gas mileage for the passed few days something to the tune of 8 MPG

Old 05-20-2011, 03:32 PM
Former Sponsor

visit www.levelten.com for codes po741

Old 05-20-2011, 03:38 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by LEVEL10TRANSMISSION
visit www.levelten.com for codes po741
Are Suggestin i replace the TC?

Old 05-21-2011, 05:38 AM
Former Sponsor

that is one thing that you should consider, also consider reengineering the valve body as this is a common issue

Old 05-22-2011, 05:22 PM
Tech Certified

Nice, You have tested your o2 sensor and know that it is good... Cause i am going to tell you that you DO in fact need to replace that sensor to make the fault go away.

And i am also going to tell you that you need to replace your torque converter to make that fault go away as well.

Old 05-26-2011, 08:50 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by Audi Tek
Nice, You have tested your o2 sensor and know that it is good... Cause i am going to tell you that you DO in fact need to replace that sensor to make the fault go away.

And i am also going to tell you that you need to replace your torque converter to make that fault go away as well.

Well im back to update my progress here When inspecting My 02 sensor the physical sensor itself was working just, heater element was faulty there. did call for a new 02 sensor as cant just change heating element...

As far as my TC fault code. The car was pushed out from the middle of the street with key on, trans in Neutral some how that caused it to throw the code, not sure how or why??? but i changed out 02 sensor and also had to replace battery and tested alt, battery was bad... but when i started car and put it in to drive, no more then 20 feet the TC code cleared itself... I have driven 5 cycles (cold start, car driven upto "drive temp") and still no code... i Have hit corners hard as i have noticed some people say thats when it throws the code for them even took the car out on freeway and pushed car upto about 125 mph... so far no code not 100% sure im in the clear with the TC code but ill play it by ear. I also did a freeze frame for the A/T and it had nothing stored

while i was at it i went ahead and checked my short term Fuel trimming and Long term FT and both are at -0.8% i guess my car just naturally gets **** mileage...

Last edited by mikegarringer; 05-26-2011 at 09:23 AM.
Old 05-26-2011, 05:37 PM
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by mikegarringer
i also have experienced some weird electrical problems such as the moon roof opening and closes at its free will
You might try this DIY for fixing the possessed sunroof.

http://www.a4mods.com/index.php?page...s/sunroof.html

Old 10-24-2011, 04:22 PM
1st Gear
Default Electrical Problem

Hello,

So did you figure out your TC code (P0741)? My car just started doing the same thing. I have noticed a change in my mpgs (4-6 mpgs less). I'm trying to get away from replacing the TC, I've read in some places that it might be low on transmission fluid. Did you figure out if yours was an electrical problem?

Thanks,

Alex.