B6 Models Please discuss all 2002 - 2005 B6 A4 topics here...

Gremlins, Gremlins making dash christmas tree

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2016, 09:40 PM
1st Gear
Default Gremlins, Gremlins making dash christmas tree

Ok, hoping someone may have a more clear answer.

05 B6 Ultrasport 3.0- 6spd manual, 87k

First off, this is not a daily driver, infact before this week the last time it was driven was october - stored inside over winter.

Issue 1 - Battery light comes on from time to time, always hooked up to trickle charger if parked more then a week. No starting issues, battery 3-4 years old, alternator only 2 years old. Had it tested and both passed but alternator was only charging at 13.3 volts... Belt is also only 2 years old, Several ECS lightweight pulleys, new tensioner so no slipping, cables tight.

Issue 2 - serious misfires at random. Had only happened 3 times, each time if I turn off engine and restart it seems to be fine. Generates flashing CEL, multiple misfires on different cylinders each time, car basically undrivable. Turn it off, then back on and been fine.....

Issue 3 - ?????? When battery light was on I did a decent take off and mid 2nd gear red brake light flashed and made beeping noise, traction control light on and abs light on. Stopped, turned car off and they went away. Happened again down the road, stopped car, turned off and went away.

No codes that I can pull with VCDS lite

Drove 60 miles, no other lights, cleared misfire codes and disconnected battery for 10 mins. On reconnect the traction control light is on, nothing else.

So...I know it's an Audi and all, but has anyone seen this before? Haven't done anything to car besides oil change and wheels in past year.

Thanks