B6 Models Please discuss all 2002 - 2005 B6 A4 topics here...

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2008, 12:10 PM
1st Gear
Default HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

coolant flush leaking...... that is what the machanic said what is wrong with my car does anyone know what this means and how much it will be to get fixed he told me around $282

Old 06-26-2008, 12:18 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ORIGINAL: silveraudib6

coolant flush leaking...... that is what the machanic said what is wrong with my car does anyone know what this means and how much it will be to get fixed he told me around $282
This isn't a horrible problem to have, unless you can't bare to live without the A/C! lol. With that said, the coolant is just the fluid your AC uses. 282 doesn't sound too bad to be honest. my dealer quoted me above 300 i believe for a coolant flush (which i read in a forum after i got home that the coolant should last a lifetime so long as its the original fluid from audi) i would imagine the 282 is for a repair and to top off..

Old 06-26-2008, 12:22 PM
1st Gear

well how much repair is there to be done they make it seem like all u need to do is tape up the crack where its leaking from and call it a day

Old 06-26-2008, 12:35 PM
1st Gear

Depends, its usually a case by case basis. Maybe a hose ripped in which case they just replace it. If it involves a connection then it gets a little more technical. Its hard to say without a picture showing the problem.. unless someone else can chime in that has had actual experience fixing a coolant leak or knows if its a common problem..

Old 06-26-2008, 12:57 PM
3rd Gear

Coolant is the antifreeze. It helps to cool down the engine. It might cause the a lot of problems and to overheat the engine... Pay attention to your gauges, dont let it overheat. Id fix that asap.
Find out where its leaking.

Old 06-26-2008, 12:58 PM
3rd Gear

ORIGINAL: swrt83

my dealer quoted me above 300 i believe for a coolant flush
I think u meant to FLush the coolant.

Old 06-26-2008, 12:59 PM
3rd Gear

ORIGINAL: audiprotein

This isn't a horrible problem to have
It might cause your engine to overheat

Old 06-26-2008, 01:00 PM
1st Gear

ok well i was told that my transmission gasket is leaking i have oil leaking from some kind of cam seal and the coolant flush is leaking i know that i have to get all this fixed but what is the most importand one to get fixed first and i have been lookign at my gadges the temp stays in the middle....is that normal

Old 06-26-2008, 01:00 PM
3rd Gear

BTW, that thing that your A/C uses caleld FREON

Old 06-26-2008, 01:01 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: audiprotein

my dealer quoted me above 300 i believe for a coolant flush
I think u meant to FLush the coolant.
Correct. Did I not make that clear enough? I guess not, sorry.. haha.
I did read this shouldn't be necessary with any Audi's (manufacturer's lasts a lifetime): can you confirm?