B6 Models Please discuss all 2002 - 2005 B6 A4 topics here...

Plenum tray location and cleaning??

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2008, 03:26 PM
Default Plenum tray location and cleaning??

Ok so I posted a little bit ago about water coming right onto my feet when accelerating or turning if it rained a lot or what not, well I've done a little research but need help. Most places sound like its the plenum tray? They say its under the battery?? Any advice or input before I take my whole battery apart and what not? Is it harder to get to than removing the battery?? Anyone done this?

Old 10-01-2008, 01:57 PM

alright well this is a dead topic... But I went ahead and figured it out so if anyone is interested all you have to do is take out the battery and there is two main drain holes right in there which i presume is the plenum tray... I had a whole bunch of buildup and what not down there so we will see if it solves the problem. There was also this little plastic part down there which I'm going to find out what it was..

Old 03-18-2019, 09:50 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by drewsph84
alright well this is a dead topic... But I went ahead and figured it out so if anyone is interested all you have to do is take out the battery and there is two main drain holes right in there which i presume is the plenum tray... I had a whole bunch of buildup and what not down there so we will see if it solves the problem. There was also this little plastic part down there which I'm going to find out what it was..
Do you have any update? I am about to broach this myself. The water friend the ICU which controls the transmission as well. This has been wisely placed under the floorboard carpet on the passenger side. I guess the thinking was it won't ever get wet there. Not in a car designed for areas with heavy snowfall which sports a sunroof for the off season. Neither one of these are the cause of the problem but...