B7 Models Please discuss all 2005.5 - 2008 B7 A4 topics here...

exhaust help please!

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2008, 03:45 AM
1st Gear
Default exhaust help please!

im wondering what exhaust to get... ive heard only good things about most of the different exhaust kits out there for the 06 audi a4 quattro, so it leaves me wondering which one to go for. at this point im thinkin the AWE kit would be my number one choice. but im also considering a miltek exhaust. im looking for more performance but im also not wanting my car to sound like a ricer. i would like to keep it classy, but with some frickin attitude ready to kick... kinda like a mullet, business in front, party in back... well im lookin to get the business, classy look...but still can spank most of the cars on the road...what do you think? anyone have any suggestions?

Old 02-12-2008, 05:27 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: exhaust help please!

I really like the militek too, I'm thinking of getting that set up but I'm not sure if i want the turbo back or not??? The AWE ones look good too so I'm having the same dilemma as you lol... except that i cant buy militek in vegas haha... maybe a shop could import them????

But yeh the militek seems like it will give good performance with a not so loud sound... i like that.

Old 02-12-2008, 09:08 PM
1st Gear

I have the AWE, it is very nice, not to loud and good performance. Second on my list was stasis and only second because I got a price deal on the AWE. Milltek was my original first choice but heard there were some fitament issues. I don't know if that is true but it was enough to no go that way. AWE, StaSis, NeuSpeed I don't think you can go wrong. Also the creative exhuast with the quad tips is pretty sweet

Old 02-13-2008, 07:33 PM
1st Gear

I just got the AWE exhaust and I love it. It's really deep and has great growl, but it still sounds very classy. It doesn't sound ricerish at all. As far as performance I can't really tell a difference. I would definitely recommend it if you want a great sound.

Old 02-14-2008, 12:34 AM
1st Gear

Well I haven't dyno'd my car or anything but it pulls significantly hard against my buddy's BMW. We live close together and often see each other on the way to work and sometimes play a little bit. AFter getting the AWE I am now definetly a bit fasterthan him. I hear if you chip first you may not notice a increase in performance from the exhuast.

Old 11-20-2008, 09:30 PM
1st Gear

anyone know anything about APR exhaust ?

Old 11-21-2008, 01:59 AM
1st Gear

The AWE was my first choice as well, i had the dealer install it and when i picked up my car i had the stasis exhaust. I gotta say i love it, the car sounds great with a nice low sound and not a rice sound. Next thing to do is add a test pipe.

Old 11-21-2008, 02:16 PM
3rd Gear

A cat-back exhaust will not do much for HP numbers just sound.

Old 12-05-2008, 04:05 PM

I see that LLTEK has a V-Power exhaust for the 1.8 - 2.0 and 3.0 - 3.2 b6 & 7. Not familiar with who makes it, but the price seems competitive. Has anyone checked them out yet?

Old 12-05-2008, 08:33 PM
e4c
1st Gear

Originally Posted by ocadam
A cat-back exhaust will not do much for HP numbers just sound.
i went with the greddy g2s
cousin and shop guy told me the same thing about the cat-back and hp but it still helps a bit.....
completely diff(better) sound than the stock exhaust! took a while to break in i guess because i notice a significant sound boost recently (about 8 months later) and about a couple months back too....keeps getting louder....
nice and deep not whiny like a ricer at all
OH! its time to leave work!! later guys