B7 Models Please discuss all 2005.5 - 2008 B7 A4 topics here...

noise coming from drivers side

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2014, 07:58 AM
1st Gear
Default noise coming from drivers side

Hello,

I have an A4 2.0T and about 5-6 weeks ago it started making a strange noise from what I believe to be the front wheel area.

if the car is revved up over about 1500rpm (whether driving or just out of gear) it starts making a high speed clicking noise, sound like someone spinning a ratchet round really really fast.

the strange thing is it only makes this noise when my foot is off the accelerator, if its clicking and i even slightly put my foot back on the throttle pedal, it stops.if i take it off, it will start.

like i said, its around 1500rpm it starts, but when it gets back down to that, it stop instantly. theres no sort of quietening down. it just stops abruptly.

i dont believe its crucial, as my car passed MOT last monday, and they never said anything about it.

any help would be much appreciated. As im sure is the way for most people, i love my Audi, and she needs to be the bee's knees

I could upload a video to youtube and post the link here if it would be useful to anyone

Jack

Old 03-12-2014, 02:10 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by HallLAD
Hello,

I have an A4 2.0T and about 5-6 weeks ago it started making a strange noise from what I believe to be the front wheel area.

if the car is revved up over about 1500rpm (whether driving or just out of gear) it starts making a high speed clicking noise, sound like someone spinning a ratchet round really really fast.

the strange thing is it only makes this noise when my foot is off the accelerator, if its clicking and i even slightly put my foot back on the throttle pedal, it stops.if i take it off, it will start.

like i said, its around 1500rpm it starts, but when it gets back down to that, it stop instantly. theres no sort of quietening down. it just stops abruptly.

i dont believe its crucial, as my car passed MOT last monday, and they never said anything about it.

any help would be much appreciated. As im sure is the way for most people, i love my Audi, and she needs to be the bee's knees

I could upload a video to youtube and post the link here if it would be useful to anyone

Jack
I know exactly what sound you're talking about and it's normal. It's actually on the passengers side coming from the diverter valve I think. Mine does this too. I can really only hear it with the windows down. I think you're fine!