B7 Models Please discuss all 2005.5 - 2008 B7 A4 topics here...

Questions from new Audi owner

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2008, 10:30 PM
1st Gear
Default Questions from new Audi owner

I feel like a complete idiot asking some of these questions but I thought this would be the best place to go for answers.

1) How in gods name do you program the remote to control a particular setting on the memory seats? The manual says to "hold down the memory button and then within 30 seconds press the unlock button" which, when I press the number "1" and then the button on my remote, does not link the two settings together. Any better instructions?

2) Does this car have a rapid discharge system set up for the alarm? Aka, if they alarm is set off, the battery will be purposely drained a matter of a few minutes to prevent anyone from starting the car and driving away in it. I know a few of my other cars have a similar feature and couldn't find any literature with it on this car.

3) I posted this question at NAVplus.us but thought I'd ask here too. The GPS seems like its somewhat lagging in its tracking of my position while moving. The cursor appears to be around 200 feet behind me while I'm moving, magically catching up as I slow to take a turn or come to a stop. The car was just picked up this morning from the dealer and has had no power for some time. Is this behavior normal as the unit hasn't calibrated yet, etc, or is there a problem that I should get fixed with it?

4) How much does a brake hold (aka holding down the accelerator and brake at the same time, releasing the brake when you want to go to get a better acceleration) hurt the transmission and brake system on this car? I do it off the line in a Ferrari 355F1 from time to time and haven't seen any damage, but its a different bread of car.

Car is a 2006 A4, and I can pull any numbers off the GPS unit, etc, if needed. Thanks a lot.