B7 Models Please discuss all 2005.5 - 2008 B7 A4 topics here...

Random Headlight Warning Light - Please Help

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2009, 11:54 AM
PRC
1st Gear

The turning on / off fixes the "headlight dipped" problem for me. If you're referring to the blinking symbol that I posted, I don't know how to fix that one. I've heard that it's everything from a ballast to a leveler. Sorry I can't be of much more help. It may be service center time.

Old 07-20-2009, 06:01 AM

Hello y'all. I see this problem on my 2006 Audi A4 3.2 Quattro. I recently had the left dipped headlight fix and the problem was the control module. They replaced that and problem solved. You should look in to that maybe. I am having the same problem with the right headlight now I'll have to take it back again to get that one fixed now too.

Old 07-21-2009, 03:25 PM
1st Gear

What is this "Dipped" everyone is reffering to ? I am new to the Audi scene.

Old 07-26-2009, 10:38 PM

Originally Posted by mblayton
What is this "Dipped" everyone is reffering to ? I am new to the Audi scene.
Simply Audi's way of saying the headlight went out. I have this same problem on on 05.5, almost always the left headlight but once and great while the passenger one will do it too. Once I also got the symbol posted first and it kept beeping so I looked around and couldn't find any info about it. Turned the car off and on and went away never saw it again. I am out of warranty so I am going to try and schmooze the service manager.

Old 07-29-2009, 06:49 PM

EP9395 - let me know what turns out with your dealer and dipped head light. we have a 06 audi and getting the dipped headlight almost regularly. stealership wanted to change the bulb out, but we declined after doing some reading, we were not convinced it was the bulb. after reading i've heard a couple possible problems:
new software (flash)
new control module
new leveler
new bulb
new ballast

who knows?

Old 08-02-2009, 07:43 PM
1st Gear
Default Same Problem

Same problem on my 2006 A4 2.0T

See my post today in the A4 general forum a few minutes ago.

Sorry but I am a newbie to this forum & did not realize there were separate forums for the different A4 years.

My dealer has no clue what the problem is.

All my lights check out OK but the symbol (attached in post above) is the identical one I get.

Could this have something to do with the adaptive light system (lights swing when the car turns)? Is there a computer reset or realignment process that goes on?

Thaks!

...John

Old 08-25-2009, 08:46 PM
PRC
1st Gear

i had the same issue with my dealer -- he wanted me to replace the xenon bulb, but i refused saying that was not the problem. after some back-and-forth, the service center replaced it for free as a "gesture of goodwill." that completely fix the right dipped headlight, but now my left one is dipping. this is crazy.

so, the bulb did fix my right headlight, but i have read posts from people who have had the problem continue. i have also heard that the ballast fixes the problem, but it did not fix mine. this is annoying to say the least.

Old 08-26-2009, 12:59 PM
1st Gear

My '06 CPO gave me the "right headlight dipped" message on my first day of ownership. Soon the upside down lightbulb icon with an X through it followed. Since it was obviously defective when I drove it off the lot the dealer agreed to fix it. And since they of course couldn't duplicate the problem they decided to switch the bulbs left to right and see if the problem switched sides. Pretty clever I thought. The very next day the bulb failed on the left side so they replaced it and so far the problem has not returned.

Last edited by bobmin; 08-27-2009 at 04:24 PM.
Old 08-26-2009, 06:47 PM
PRC
1st Gear

Wow - sounds like a new bulb fixed it for you. Maybe it is a bulb issues after all. It's a pity that the bulbs are so hard to replace because I would love to do it myself. Regardless, as it is not covered by warranty, I will not go to the dealer to fix this.

Old 09-13-2009, 12:09 AM

my left light dipped but it would turn on for 3 seconds and then just shut off turns out it was just a ballast.

Quick Reply: Random Headlight Warning Light - Please Help