B7 Models Please discuss all 2005.5 - 2008 B7 A4 topics here...

Random Headlight Warning Light - Please Help

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2009, 01:45 PM
1st Gear
Exclamation Somthing not normal

Hi guys , Some quick advice
My 2002 audi a6 2.7t
Dont know how to explain this but I will do my best
When at idle my liters per kilometers, gauge is always fluctuating, its never at zero anymore. i can be driving for 10 minutes ,stop at a red light shift to neutral(automatic) and look at it and be burning 5.7l, 2.8l ,20.2l
any suggestions?

thanks

Old 12-09-2010, 01:02 PM
PRC
1st Gear

After a year of the left dipped headlight, I decided to have my mechanic (NOT the Audi dealer) replace the Xenon bulb, and that completely fixed the problem. All in cost was $240.

Old 12-09-2010, 08:45 PM
1st Gear

I have the same problem, only it onvolves my foglights as well.

I will turn on my car and if the leveling sequence does not take place, I know the left headlight will turn off within 20 seconds. After about 5 seconds it comes back on. When it comes back on the foglights will go off. After about 5 more seconds the sequence will repeat itself. This issue only occurs if the headlights do not go through the leveling sequence when they're turned on. Recently (unfortunately) this is the majority of the time.

Are the headlights and foglights somehow linked? I find the entire flashing sequence rather odd.

Old 12-21-2010, 01:01 PM
PRC
1st Gear

I just received a letter from Audi stating that they are now reimbursing for new Xenon bulbs... FINALLY!

Old 12-21-2010, 03:03 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by PRC
I just received a letter from Audi stating that they are now reimbursing for new Xenon bulbs... FINALLY!
Me too! I haven't had the problem (knock on wood) but I got the letter stating that Audi USA would either fix or reimburse for costs related to replacing Xenon bulbs that failed under the factory 4 year 50K warranty.

Correct me if I am wrong but aren't Xenon bulbs supposed to be like a 10 year bulb or something? They are suppose to last much longer than regular bulbs, correct?

Last edited by beernbrats; 12-21-2010 at 03:04 PM. Reason: addition
Old 12-22-2010, 10:28 AM
1st Gear

I've been dealing with this problem for the last year on my left headlight. I have noticed that when the lights are on "auto", it tends to "dip" more that if I have the lights in non-auto and turn them on myself.

I haven't replaced anything from Audi about the reimbursement, but I haven't fixed anything. What about if the warranty is over? Is there a recall?

Old 12-22-2010, 07:50 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by beernbrats
Me too! I haven't had the problem (knock on wood) but I got the letter stating that Audi USA would either fix or reimburse for costs related to replacing Xenon bulbs that failed under the factory 4 year 50K warranty.

Correct me if I am wrong but aren't Xenon bulbs supposed to be like a 10 year bulb or something? They are suppose to last much longer than regular bulbs, correct?
So in the letter it states that they are only fixing the lights for cars still under warranty?
So all of us whose warranties have expired are stuck paying for a repair that should be a recall?

Can someone post the specifics of the letter? I haven't received one....
Thanks

Old 01-25-2011, 07:08 PM
PRC
1st Gear

The letter states that if your car is under 50k miles / four years, they will replace any defective bulbs. My car is 4.5 years old (under 50k miles), and I went out of pocket to replace the bulbs a while back. I am trying to have Audi pay for this (as they should) as I called customer service to complain several times last year.

Old 05-20-2011, 12:54 PM
1st Gear
Default Headlight Caution on 2006 Audi A4

Had the Right Dipped Headlight Caution coming on, so I bought a ballast and it fixed it. Now I have this Caution Light that I can't figure out. Does anyone know what it is and how to fix it?

JR

Attached Images  
Old 06-24-2011, 02:08 AM
1st Gear
Default 06 A4 Dipped Headlight

I've had the same problem with my A4 as well. Here is a quick list of all the issues I've had:
- Most likely seems to happen when the car is just started and weather is cold (I live in FL so cold is a relative term).
- I usually get the 'Right Dipped Headlight' after I go over a bump such as when pulling out of my driveway.
- The headlight starts to flicker and then goes out. After about 5 sec, I get the dipped headlight warning and beep.
- I always use the auto headlight switch position. Sometimes turning lights off and then back to auto will reset the problem and the headlights will operate normally for the rest of my drive, and other times my headlight will dip again in a minute or so.
- I've approached the dealer with this problem 3 times. Twice they said they couldn't find any problems and once they said the technician 'may' have found a loose connection. I don't go to the stealership (love that term) anymore.

Having been an electrician, it seem hard to believe that replacing the headlight would fix the problem, but as some posts state, it works. Hard to argue with results. I'm going to live with it until it becomes a safety issue; right now it's just annoying. I simply wanted to post what I've been seeing so others can bounce their 'symptoms' off mine.

Finally, if anyone has anymore info on the letter that some owners received about this problem, please pass it on. Specifically if there was a phone number, email or web address on the letter, posting that would help. Thanks again.

Fly Navy!

Quick Reply: Random Headlight Warning Light - Please Help