B7 Models Please discuss all 2005.5 - 2008 B7 A4 topics here...

Selfish Audi Owners

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2011, 08:50 PM
1st Gear
Default Selfish Audi Owners

You ever notice the audi owners who makes one post when they have a problem asking for advice yet never post valuable information they may have to share during the life of owning their audis??? SOme own for many years yet post nothing...i am sure they have something that could be of value to other b7 owners....okay my 75K maintenance coming up..i promise to keep u posted on the costs. This is not my first post LOL!

Old 05-06-2011, 02:58 PM
2nd Gear

Maybe Audi owners are mostly rich guys who rely only on the dealer for help. I would not sweat it. I post up and my Audi has been gone almost 2 months now. I don't mind helping.

Old 05-06-2011, 04:07 PM
1st Gear

Or maybe some of us are new to the Audi world and are still pretty green when it comes to things.... I try and help out in any way I can.

Originally Posted by 2wdBlazer
Maybe Audi owners are mostly rich guys who rely only on the dealer for help. I would not sweat it. I post up and my Audi has been gone almost 2 months now. I don't mind helping.

@2wdBlazer - I know I appreciate this. I scoured these forums for quite some time before settling down and picking my Audi. Tried to glean as much information as I could before purchasing the car and ended up (what I felt) more knowledgeable about the car than the supposed "Audi Expert" at the Audi dealer I bought the car from. This helped me haggle with him a bit. Thank you for everything you've shared here.

And I am FAR FROM being a 'rich guy' lol

Old 05-07-2011, 01:59 PM
1st Gear
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by 2wdBlazer
Thanks for all your input, ive seen your name all over these forums lol, in a good way i mean, i try to help as much as i can, i just dont know that much... but hey you live and learn right?

Old 05-07-2011, 06:58 PM
Tech Certified

A salesman is NOT an Audi expert..... A real expert, who would be a experienced technician that doesn't waste time being "haggled".

Audi owners are rich enough to buy a "luxury" car but too cheap to properly maintain them. I speak in generally from the day to day owner i see. Obviously there are those who understand that things do break and require fixing..... which costs money whether you pay someone or do it yourself

Old 05-07-2011, 08:02 PM
1st Gear

Okay got some discussion from my post :-) guess i need to buy a jersey...audi tek wish you lived near me could give u a part time job for cash on evenings and weekends when i need service on my next audi...great post, i have been blessed after working my rear off, additional education and some luck so I can take my audi in to get it serviced per the schedule from professional techs like yourself. I dont mind paying the dealership cause you know how to fix my problems, no learning curve involved and it will be DONE RIGHT! that is priceless..not having aggration when work is done by someone trained to work on the vehicle.

Old 05-09-2011, 02:42 PM
2nd Gear

I am no rich guy either. I just budjet enough for my wife to drive a nice car and me to be in a cheaper car. I do budjet in more to always stay in warranty.

Then there guys like my brother in law who will use every dime to his name and buy a used M3. Live at home with his mom rent free and will never be able to afford it when his car breaks down.

Old 05-11-2011, 07:22 PM
1st Gear

It's not Audi owners by any means. All car and motorcycle forums I've been a part of the many of people sign up BECAUSE they are having a problem right now with their car and know that the forums are a good place to seek advice. There's nothing wrong with that at all. That's one of the benefits of the forum in the first place. Most people don't have the knowledge or time to sit in the forum and answer questions for other people. I try to add feedback every now and then but most of the time I don't have an answer to their question so I just read what others have to say.

Old 05-25-2011, 10:14 AM
Site Moderator

Lots of times it's because the person asking the question posts in a number of different forums looking for answers, and doesn't even check back on many of them.

No harm in responding anyway - good for search results (not that noobs ever use it tho)...