B8 Models Please discuss all 2009+ B8 A4 topics here...

Audi B8 take off

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2012, 04:11 AM
1st Gear

Hi,
Welcome to this site,here you will find lots of useful things , and i want to congratualate you for new audi and i am big fan of audi ,hope you will find more exciting things on this website.

Thanks
Bragg

Old 07-08-2012, 04:04 PM
1st Gear
Default transmission/ problem solved by audi software upgrade

After reading about an Audi fix, I asked the dealer to install the software fix during my 15k work. They did this about 6 months ago. I've been very happy with the results. I almost never use the sport mode anymore as a defense against the lag problem.

Old 07-18-2012, 02:55 PM
1st Gear

I am experiencing an issue that pretty well matches to what is mentioned in the owners manual, on the first page about the automatic transmission. It translates to something like "the behavior of transmission with engine on idle is not smooth" I just become curious if you have that in the U.S. version of the manual?

When I switch from neutral to drive or reverse, the transmission "thinks" for a second or two before it engages. I need to be careful not to press the accelerator too early, or the car will jump when the gear kicks in. It is very annoying and still after a year with the car, I do not get used to it. I have nearly hit my house quite a few times when going forward and reversing! However when I stop on traffic lights with the gear on D, the car takes off smoothly. The problem the writers of this thread describe appears to be gone in the 2011 model, at least it is not present in my A4 2.0 TFSI.

On a road with hills up and down the transmission works like a dream. It looks like there has been a big compromise with slow speed performance to get smoothness on higher speeds?

Old 07-19-2012, 03:45 PM
1st Gear
Default CVT vs Quattro

Guys, in reading the issues you mentioned, and repost of some of my earlier comments, I remember those exact situations back in 2003 with my 03 A4 1.8T CVT(non-Quattro). Some of it was reduced significantly once I did the Neuspeed chip, later did the upgraded intercooler and that didnt change the delays but definitely improved overall performance. I stopped using sport mode as well after the chip/ecu upgrade.

In my 2009 A4 2.0T Quattro, dont have the delay at all, not on take off, not when starting and putting into drive or reverse which I am extremely happy about because it annoyed the crap out of me.

However, last time I had my car in for service, they gave me a 2012 A4 CVT and it was just like my 2003, huge delay at take off. Didnt notice any issue at all with putting in drive or reverse though. I am guessing maybe the delay has something to do with it being CVT and possibly preservation of the transmission and driveline since all of the power is going to the front vs the quattro where it is dispersed more to the rear and less to the front.

Good to hear they have a TSB that will fix some of it. Has anyone installed a Sprint Booster on either a CVT or Quattro? I heard great reviews from BMW people but have yet to hear of an Audi member installing one.