B8 Models Please discuss all 2009+ B8 A4 topics here...
View Poll Results: Do you have vibration issues that aren't normal with the 2009 Audi A4?
Yes and it sucks!
66.10%
No, I must've gotten a good one!
33.90%
Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

How many Audi 2009 A4 owners have issues with vibrations?

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2009, 02:50 AM
Default How many Audi 2009 A4 owners have issues with vibrations?

Just was wondering how many people on this forum have vibration issues with their 2009 A4?

I was reading the forums and owners have been complaining of vibrations at higher speeds. I have personally test drove an Audi A4 3.2 Premium and it would vibrate every time I would press on the brake. Possibly a lemon...not too sure so I just wanted to take a poll.

I was thinking about buying one, but am really concerned that if I do, I will have the same issues as everyone else.

So who has vibration issues?

Last edited by AudiBahn2009; 07-24-2009 at 02:52 AM.
Old 07-26-2009, 05:19 PM
1st Gear

I had the same problem with my B7 3.2 it was bad brakes rotors

Old 08-08-2009, 11:03 AM
1st Gear
Default yes, this problem and more

see more other posts under different topics

Old 08-09-2009, 02:18 PM

man, i love my new A4, but I also get the vibrations on the steerling wheel when I turn end to end in parking lot. It is pretty annoying!! WHY dont AUDI do a RECALL!!!

Old 08-09-2009, 10:16 PM

Originally Posted by LoyalA4
man, i love my new A4, but I also get the vibrations on the steerling wheel when I turn end to end in parking lot. It is pretty annoying!! WHY dont AUDI do a RECALL!!!

Same here... Power steering issue? I get the highway vibrations above 60mph also. Purchased in Sept 08.

Sorry, haven't checked around before I posted just in case this is already commented on.

Old 03-07-2010, 01:54 PM
1st Gear

Issues that I have noticed since I got the car in May 2009
1. Intermittent steering wheel vibration when pulling out of a parking spot : no fix yet
2. Steering wheel vibrations at high speeds >110km/h and seems to settle at speeds over 160km/h: Issue seems to be fixed with lower control arm replacement
3. Vibration in cabin, mainly uncomfortable feedback from the gas pedal and breaks. Also you notice the passenger seat vibrating. These vibrations occur at 110km/h and greater and they don't seem to go way at higher speeds. Makes the car feel unsafe to drive over 120km/h : still no fix for this.
- The technical adviser road tested my car and noticed the similar feedback on the gas pedal. He said "its like driving over a washboard".
- They inspected the car with some device that check for vibrations (can't remember what this device is called) and said that the cabin vibrations were registering on that device. They have no idea whats going on at this moment. They basically assumed that treating the car for the control arm issue will take care of all the other vibrations, but it has not.

Its been over 6 months that I have been driving the car like this and I surely hope they are able to come up with a solution.

I live in Ottawa,Ontario and we have http://www.camvap.ca/ which I think is a version of lemon law here. I am not really sure how to deal with this, I mean its stressful having to take the legal route and its stressful driving a car that you know is not what you paid for.

Good luck to all that's experiencing some of these issues and hopefully this toll will clearly indicate to AUDI the number of owners that have these issue and hope have a plan to take care of these owners.

Old 03-07-2010, 04:37 PM

I get the low speed vibrations in the parking lot which I will be getting fixed this week... Thank god they finally got the new power steering hose for the car... It took only over a f'in year!! It is embarrassing because the people riding inside the car can hear and feel it but people outside the car can hear it too... Luckily I do not have the high speed vibration..

Old 03-07-2010, 11:44 PM
1st Gear

Have a slight weirdness when turning the wheel at low speed on snow covered ground. Otherwise, no problemo right up to 100 mph.
It's a wonderful cruiser in the 70-80 mph range.
Moon

Old 03-09-2010, 08:09 PM

Originally Posted by syda
Same here... Power steering issue? I get the highway vibrations above 60mph also. Purchased in Sept 08.

Sorry, haven't checked around before I posted just in case this is already commented on.
this might be the control arm issue / road balancing issue from what i read.

the low speed parking lot turning issue, supposedly there is a TSB for a new hose or something to fix it.

Old 03-09-2010, 08:38 PM

There are so many things wrong with the things that were said here that I don't even know where to start. First of all, the term "lemon" is thrown around way too easily. True "lemons" are few and far between. Audis are not "lemons", they are simply problematic. Being 2010, if you buy a used 2009 knowing that it already has a problem, it's not a "lemon". Even if it's new, and you buy it knowing it has a problem, it's not a "lemon". Most buybacks occur because people cry loudly when they get buyer's remorse. Most buybacks do not go to court. Do yourself a favor and don't get buyer's remorse by buying this car.
1. If there is a problem with it now, don't buy it. If you choose to buy it anyway, make sure the problem is fixed completely and you are able to test drive it afterwards to verify that it has been properly fixed before you sign anything.
2. The lower control arms are a reliable repair for a known concern that will have to be verified by the dealership, but probably not the problem you are experiencing.
3. There will not be a recall. Audi is not big on recalls. (despite the sometimes undeniable and extremely urgent need for them) Nor are they big on finding quick fixes for anything at all.
4. If the steering wheel vibrates when you push on the brake, it's most likely the front brake rotors. They'll need to be replaced if they're warped, and they're not a warranty item. If you insist on buying it anyway, see #1.
5. I wasn't aware that they fixed the parking garage vibration issue. 'Bout time.

If this will be your first Audi, you should probably test drive some Acuras and BMWs also. Seriously, this is regular stuff for Audi and you will probably be disappointed with the car. Once you fix something, you'll need to fix something else. It's still not a lemon. It's just part of the Audi ownership experience.

Quick Reply: How many Audi 2009 A4 owners have issues with vibrations?