B8 Models Please discuss all 2009+ B8 A4 topics here...
View Poll Results: Do you have vibration issues that aren't normal with the 2009 Audi A4?
Yes and it sucks!
66.10%
No, I must've gotten a good one!
33.90%
Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

How many Audi 2009 A4 owners have issues with vibrations?

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2010, 08:42 PM

Originally Posted by halfmoonclip
Have a slight weirdness when turning the wheel at low speed on snow covered ground. Otherwise, no problemo right up to 100 mph.
It's a wonderful cruiser in the 70-80 mph range.
Moon
The snow covered ground issue is not a problem and will never go away. It has to do with steering geometry and there is nothing to repair.

Old 03-12-2010, 10:13 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by Candor
The snow covered ground issue is not a problem and will never go away. It has to do with steering geometry and there is nothing to repair.
I am not worried about it in the slightest; probably wouldn't even have taken note except for the mention here.
Moon

Old 03-29-2010, 09:35 AM

I've been noticing a high-speed vibration of my steering wheel (starting at about 65 MPH) since the car passed 5k, which was a month ago. At first it was fairly subtle, but it's becoming more noticeable. I thought it might be something with a bumpy road surface, but I've driven the same stretches on our Subaru and it has no vibration at all. From what I've read, this must be the control arm issue. I'll be calling my dealer shortly, and hopefully they won't give the kind of runaround others have described.

Old 04-25-2010, 10:11 PM

Originally Posted by buckthorn
I've been noticing a high-speed vibration of my steering wheel (starting at about 65 MPH) since the car passed 5k, which was a month ago. At first it was fairly subtle, but it's becoming more noticeable. I thought it might be something with a bumpy road surface, but I've driven the same stretches on our Subaru and it has no vibration at all. From what I've read, this must be the control arm issue. I'll be calling my dealer shortly, and hopefully they won't give the kind of runaround others have described.
Same here. I'm quite concerned and the dealer claims this is NEW! I'm not buying. The shimmy kicks in around 55 - 65 mps. Please let us know if the dealer had a fix and the shimmy is all gone. Thank you.

Old 05-09-2010, 08:50 AM

Hey folks,
New to the forum here.
Are talking all '09's?
I'm looking at a '10 Avant or maybe waiting until the '11's come out.
Just returned a '10 Subaru Outback for the same type of problem, bad shimmy @ interstate speeds, 65-75mph. Don't want the same problem again!
Looking at the Premium Plus trim level or maybe a Prestige if I can get a good deal on a leftover.
Thanks

Old 05-10-2010, 08:38 AM
1st Gear

I've noticed a feather developing on the outside edge of the front tires. Our Passat (A4 derived) did the same thing. Only fix was to rotate the tires, X-ing them. Dealer in FL insisted on a straight front to back while we were on vacation. I plan to resume the frequent rotations (maybe 3K?); got an airgun and good jack, so it is fairly painless at home.
Allowed to develop, this will sure as hell give you a vibration. You can't SEE the feather; you have to lightly pass your hand over the tire.
Moon

Old 05-15-2010, 04:37 PM

hi does anyone know why sd cards wont play????

Old 06-22-2010, 09:54 PM
Default Replaced control arm

2009 A4 Avant...had vibration at speed and had a bushing squeak during low speed turns. Took it in to the dealer and at first they thought it was a loose CV joint boot. Turned out to be a looser than expected control arm. They replaced under warranty. Cured the squeak and the shimmy seems less noticeable. I'll rotate tires to see if it finishes off the shimmy.

Old 07-06-2010, 05:21 PM
1st Gear

We had nasty vibrations at 60mph+ - in our case it was the way Audi had balanced the wheels. (NEW CAR!)

I took the wheels to a service station down the street for a balance on ALL 4 WHEELS. 2-5 ounces off each wheel.

Once put back on, no more vibration. WTH?

Last edited by TrickS4; 07-06-2010 at 05:23 PM.
Old 07-07-2010, 07:39 AM

Originally Posted by TrickS4
We had nasty vibrations at 60mph+ - in our case it was the way Audi had balanced the wheels. (NEW CAR!)

I took the wheels to a service station down the street for a balance on ALL 4 WHEELS. 2-5 ounces off each wheel.

Once put back on, no more vibration. WTH?
New 2009, or new 2010?

Quick Reply: How many Audi 2009 A4 owners have issues with vibrations?