B8 Models Please discuss all 2009+ B8 A4 topics here...

Need Some Real-Deal Feedback

Search this Thread

Old 02-29-2012, 12:06 AM
1st Gear
Default Need Some Real-Deal Feedback

Hey All,

Never owned an Audi, or Germany car for that matter - only Japanese cars so I'm used to things basically never having any issues and being fairly inexpensive to work with. Quite frankly I just changed the oil and the cars never had an issue. The idea of 100,000 miles never meant much to me in those cars, and I never had major problems are repairs, ever. Maybe I'm lucky? Regardless...

Here I am now, a bit older and in love with the Audi 2.0T AWD Quattro in the 2009+ range (B8). My question to you with experience is... what can I expect from these cars in terms of quality and reliability, cost and repairs? Is it a potential money pit? Are the motors as bullet proof as the Japanese motors from Honda, etc. are or are they known for problems? Does the turbo model have consistent maintenance and issues to deal with?

I'm looking for some real deal feedback from those who know and have been around the block with these.

I appreciate your help so I can make an informed decision.

Thank you,

JayC

Old 02-29-2012, 08:46 AM
Tech Certified

Keep the engine oil clean (change every 5000 miles) , use proper approved synthetic oil , quality German made filters , follow the recomended service for the rest of the vehicle. Not a bad idea to change transmission fluid at 50k.

Old 02-29-2012, 10:04 AM
1st Gear

VERY good advice. A little love goes a long way.

Old 04-12-2012, 03:43 AM
1st Gear

Do what the manual suggests at each service interval and you will be just fine.... Some will be more expensive than others obviously... But don't take the cheap road and say "oh I'll get that one at the next service" like so many people do and end up in a world of hurt with these cars.

Old 04-15-2012, 12:27 PM
1st Gear

I have owned my A4 for a little over a year now (22k miles) and have not encountered any issues at all... It runs like a sowing machine day in and day out...

That being said, I agree with "a little love goes a long way" by regularly maintaining it.

Having previously owned a Japanese make, my personal experience is that Audi is superior.

Old 04-15-2012, 06:48 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by antimisoneism
I have owned my A4 for a little over a year now (22k miles) and have not encountered any issues at all... It runs like a sowing machine day in and day out...

That being said, I agree with "a little love goes a long way" by regularly maintaining it.

Having previously owned a Japanese make, my personal experience is that Audi is superior.
Same here-purchased my '011 A4 Avant about a year ago-absolutely no issues. Religiously follow the scheduled maintenance.

This is my second Audi-did the same with my last one.