B8 Models Please discuss all 2009+ B8 A4 topics here...

Voice Control System Inactive using VAG

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2009, 05:28 PM
Default Voice Control System Inactive using VAG

I used the my vag cable to code many codes supplied through many forums. The one which has caused a problem for me which i cannot fix it seems is the Voice Control system.

I followed the Telephone (77), coding, and changed the value from 0010900 to 0010970.

I have a b8 with Navigation. it was weird that the original value was set to 0 which is OFF. Now the Voice Control system in teh MMI Sound Settings is inactive (i cant select it) and the voice button on the steering wheel is inactive as well (it says "Button inactive" when pressed).

I read somewhere that the car needs to restart a couple of times to activate but it has not. any answers?

Old 04-05-2009, 07:53 PM

I have solved my own problem should anyone be interested. it seems with the navigation on the b8 the default code setting 0010900. the second last zero must stay on zero instead of changing it to a different language.

i have put it back to this setting and left the car for an hour. started the car up and voice control was back on.

Old 05-07-2009, 10:28 PM

I just got my audi tt (Saturday 5/2/09 and this is my first post in any forum - so be gentle.

Unfortunately, the factory disables voice control on all convertibles (A4 and tt).

How do i get it turned on? I've heard about VAG and would like to chat with someone who uses it.

Please help.

Old 05-08-2009, 02:30 PM
1st Gear

I leased a Premium A4 2 weeks ago. I only realized that it didn't have the basic trip computer when I got it home. I am sooooooo angry at myself that I didn't realize it before I signed the lease. Anyway, I was wondering if there is a way to turn it on with a vag cable? Are there any other features I can turn on with the cable? I would love to have the startup volume of the stereo set to a low value, like I could on my 06 Convertible.

Any help/thoughts would be great!

Old 05-08-2009, 10:33 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by jbozzo2003
I used the my vag cable to code many codes supplied through many forums. The one which has caused a problem for me which i cannot fix it seems is the Voice Control system.

I followed the Telephone (77), coding, and changed the value from 0010900 to 0010970.

I have a b8 with Navigation. it was weird that the original value was set to 0 which is OFF. Now the Voice Control system in teh MMI Sound Settings is inactive (i cant select it) and the voice button on the steering wheel is inactive as well (it says "Button inactive" when pressed).

I read somewhere that the car needs to restart a couple of times to activate but it has not. any answers?
You should return the setting back to normal. Since you had nav and full voice control already, why would you do that? I also saw that option when I made my VAGCom mods, but didn't dare change something I didn't know anything about and didn't see a reason since I had Nav and full voice function. You need to be careful with VAGCom. There are changes you can make that will really screw things up and make you take it to the dealer. If you ever turn on the hidden MMI menu, be very careful there as people in other forums report screwing their cars up bad.