Classic Audi A section to discuss the models that have made Audi famous of the years...

German cars suck

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2012, 02:29 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by caddy2audi
Caddy (i hate to admit) not as reliable as my Audi, but has more options even though its older.... better leather, steering wheel controls for stereo and climate, automatic wipers and lights, remembers 2 drivers controlled by remotes that remembers last radio settings climate mirrors seats etc for each driver.... i can go on and on.... and I wont, just because im biased toward Caddy's, like everyone one here for their audis
So, the General Motors car isn't as reliable. What a shock! Heh.
GM ranks dead last in quality, even more than Ford, and that's saying a lot.
Audi took a quality hit by making cars in Mexico. Those cars that were made there are not nearly as good as their German made counterparts. Audi took a quality and reliability hit as a result. Anyone here can tell you to avoid the Audis made in Mexico.

All of the options you mentioned in your post in 2008, I have on my 2005.5 A4 Avant and then some. Just pointing out that if you had spent a little less on a finely crafted Audi, you could have gotten more for your money, in fact, a LOT more:

heated leather seats, including rear seats
stereo controls on steering wheel
custom seat position, radio and mirror settings
separate climate controls
headlights that follow the curves and terrain
light sensitive rear view mirror with compass
heated mirrors that fold flat or show you the curb on the passenger side when backing up
speed sensitive steering with adjustable steering column
daytime running lights
cluster gauge that computes MPG as you drive, tells you what song is on, and gives you the outside temp.
etc. etc.

I could go on and on about how the luxury and feel of an Audi completely blows away any General Motors model and yes, I've driven Caddys.
They all have the same floaty, vague road feel and lifeless, no-feedback steering. It's kinda like driving a hovercraft. I prefer precise road handling, and only BMW, Mercedes Benz and Audi have it, in my opinion, and the most affordable is the Audi. Still not an inexpensive car, but not as high priced as it's cousins.

I can overtake your Caddy in deep snow at 10K feet in a blizzard and leave you in my light sensitive - direction displaying - rear view mirror, but... I will be a gentleman and slow down so that you can follow me when I turn on my extra bright rear taillights designed for visibility in bad weather. I could not leave someone who has such misinformed opinions about cars alone in a blizzard , and by misinformed, I'm talking about the boast that somehow a Caddy is more luxurious than an Audi. Heads of state are driven around in German cars including the A8 (highly modified of course), not GMs.

I have also owned and driven Japanese makes.
They get you from A to B, but less safely by far and with far more road noise, engine noise, and far less comfort, and with a LOT more fuel expended.
In my opinion, based on my own ownership and that of my friends, the reliability of Japanese cars is *way* overrated. Maybe it was once true. Not anymore.
You can't find a Japanese make with an engine less that 300hp. It's a waste.
I regularly get 29.8 MPG, and that's city driving. Your Caddy can't touch that, and I bet your heavy Camry can't either. The Camry used to be a pretty nice small car. I used to own one in the 80s. But Toyota ruined them. Oh well. Now the Camry is synonymous with "average" and "beige". Not particularly fun to drive or safe, but relative to Audi, cheaper to maintain, yes. I would rather have my eyes gouged out than be forced to drive one though. Just my opinion.

I have owned 2 Audi A4s, and had only regular maintenance on both. Most reliable and safe cars I have ever owned. They have both saved my life.

In my opinion, only Mitsubishi makes less reliable cars than GM.
GM makes their engine blocks in China. They don't last. It's a shame, as the Cadillac brand used to be something to be proud of. Not anymore.
General Motors had to change their name to Saturn to create a new brand because they had made such a mess of things. Now even Saturn is out of business, and GM had to be bailed out. They've recovered, but their quality reputation hasn't.
I wish that GM had better quality cars, but I live in reality, not denial.

Oh, and to the ****** who did the original post:
You bought 2 crappy old cars that were not taken car of and blamed the manufacturer both times, instead of looking in the mirror and saying "I'm a spiteful dumb@ss!" and "I make bad decisions". You boasted about pawning them off on some unsuspecting person. What a jerk! I hope it sucked your wallet dry.
You're unhinged, and it makes me happy to know that people like you will never drive a nice car. Please, drive a Camry! Drive a crappy GM model! Works for me.
I will be laughing at you as I pass you on the freeway as you sit in the breakdown lane. I don't want people like you on the roads.