Computer & Fuel Systems Talk about the computer, fuel systems and delivery, customization and more.

apr chip

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2005, 08:14 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: apr chip

The dealership is not detectable if you buy it with the switch mode

Old 07-10-2005, 02:50 PM
1st Gear

get to know your salesperson, service team...and you should be set!

Old 07-10-2005, 03:40 PM
1st Gear

I have an '04 B6 1.8T APR Stage 1+, which is the Chip and bigger fuel injectors. The bigger injectors are Bosch, and that is OEM for our cars...therefore whenyou have it in for service the mechanic will not even know they are different unless he pulls them and looks at the part number (not going to happen).

I have had it for 4 months and no 1.8T should be without! I have had excellent experience with it! It makes and incredible difference. I have the stock option on it too, this way when you take it to a dealer they'll be none the wiser. It has a lock mode too - you set a code so you can turn it on and off and lock it so nobody can turn it on but you (read: service tech can't mess with it). You simply make the adjustments on the cruise control stalk in the cabin, and away you go. It also will remove all the fault codes and do a throttle valve alignment adjustment when you switch between modes (which you will want to do when the engine is cold) to keep peak performance.

That being said, I am selling it and it WILL work on your '05. The reason I am selling it is because the tuner shop I take my car to is going to upgrade my turbo and intake, and the kit comes with a REVO chip and injectors. So I need to sell this and trade my ECU with the stock one in your car...we can do it overnight mail to keep the down time at a minimum. If you are interested, email me.

ackjazz@netzero.com.

By the way, a chipped car will void the warrantee on the engine if the dealer knows it's there and are adverse to mods. Some dealers will turn the other cheek more than others. This unit is perfect because you can put it in a mode where they will never know it's there and lock it so they can't play with it to figure it out!

ORIGINAL: angelo_nyc

I keep coming to this thread, and the more I read it, the more I want a chip.

I'm looking at either the GIAC or APR.

Which one, is harder for the dealer to detect?
I think the GIAC has the option of a socket solution, so you can swap with a stock program for dealer visits, however, if the dealer notices the socket, wont the be able to tell you chipped the car?

Just trying to chip w/o voiding warranty

any thoughts?

thanks!!

Old 09-23-2005, 03:22 AM

Can i put the APR chip in my automatic 1.8T FWD or is it restricted to manual trans??

Old 08-24-2006, 01:57 AM
1st Gear

i see most of you are talking about a4's. i have an 01 a6 2.7t. will the apr work in my vehicle as well? what about the tcu or the tip chip? nobody thus far has mentioned upgrading the dv's or tbb's, how come? thanks

Old 08-24-2006, 02:45 PM
1st Gear

APR offers chip for all Turbo'd vehicles. A4, S4, A6, TT, and the VW's.

We're an APR distributor, feel free to give us a call or shoot us an email if you have any questions on the EMCS switching technology. We'll be happy to explain how it all works.

Old 08-28-2006, 03:42 PM
1st Gear

The chip for the A6 2.7T is awesome... you will never want to go back after that mod..