Computer & Fuel Systems Talk about the computer, fuel systems and delivery, customization and more.

Engine light and car shutting down problem

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2021, 09:41 AM
1st Gear
Default Engine light and car shutting down problem

Hello,

I’d need some help! I bought an Audi A4 convertible last year and after 4 months an engine light came on. I brought it to the mechanic which said it was the vacuum line, he replaced, light came back after few weeks. Then he replaced the mass airflow sensor, same thing, light came back even faster...After spending so much time and money already I decided to having a break from mechanics and drove it for few months. Recently though, when the car slows down (at a stop or light for example) it starts shaking and lose power, then it shuts down. I noticed that it does it once or twice when I drive it for the first time after it was parked for hours. When I turn it on again it starts normally...It’s very annoying and I don’t feel safe driving it like that...knowing that at every light it might shut down!! I brought it to another mechanic and they seem to not find any specific problem...I’m in a loop hole and debating if I should just sell it instead of keep bringing it to mechanics who charge me to not fix the problem!! Other than that the car runs great...previous owner rewired it though...my mechanic thinks that the wiring might be messed up and it’s something electric or computer related that is now causing some mechanical issue...I’d be happy to share all the codes if it helps! Every time we do a reading the codes are different! Any advice would be great to receive! Thank you!!!