Computer & Fuel Systems Talk about the computer, fuel systems and delivery, customization and more.

Help!! prob w/ boost controller hook up

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2005, 07:59 PM
2nd Gear
Default Help!! prob w/ boost controller hook up

Hey guys, I have had this problem for about two months. NO ONE has been able to help me. I have a gt28r setup from atp tubo and I am having great difficulties controlling the boost. I tried many recommended ways and could not get it. I contacted atp, they said hook it inline with the vaccuum line from the diverter valve to the wastegate. THAT, did not work. I have been on many forums, gotten a lot of advice and NOTHING has worked. I'm sorry if I sound very F**KING P*SSED OFF right now, but I can't figure this problem out. My car will only run about 8-9 psi. I just put on a new evo dv, and i have a manual boost controller. I have adjusted it every way possible, cut the spring inside and tried many other techniques. Please anyone that has any ideas about this let me know because I am at my witts end..........didn't mean to have such a long post...
Joshua

Old 11-21-2005, 11:45 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: Help!! prob w/ boost controller hook up

A friend of mine had a similar problem and it was just a silly mistake, he hooked the lines on the wrong ports of the boost controller so the car was running open boost all the time. Did you make sure you had it connected properly. Please I am not trying to say you are stupid, just giving you a possible cure. Let me know. The way I use mine is from the intake manifold (or any vacum hose from the intake) straight to the boost controller and out to the wastegate.

Old 01-04-2006, 10:58 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: Help!! prob w/ boost controller hook up

This might sound weird, but this should help you out. Disconnect the line to the wastegate actuator and take it for spin. Boost it and watch the gauge. If it boosts high then you have the boost controller hooked up wrong. If it doesn't then its not the boost controller. Just be very carefull and watch your gauge. Don't boost to high and hurt something. Post back and tell us what happens. This same thing happened to me on my GSX. It would only boost to 12 psi with the controller all the way up. I disconnected the vacuum line to the actuator and it still wouldn't boost right. It turned out to be the leaky *** bov that comes stock on the 2nd gen DSMs. Replaced it with a Blitz bov (recirculated) and it boosted to no end.