Computer & Fuel Systems Talk about the computer, fuel systems and delivery, customization and more.

Loggable boost gauge

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2010, 05:02 AM
2nd Gear
Default Loggable boost gauge

Are there (relatively) low cost alternatives for a loggable boost gauge to better be able to tune (based on Vagcom logs) for my custom turbo on the A4 B5 (1998, NOT drive by wire)?

While this is nice, its quite steep:

Old 05-24-2010, 10:55 AM
2nd Gear

Are there alternative means to tune accurately for custom setup of NON drive by wire A4's (less expansive) based on Vagcom logs? How much is 'lost' if boost pressure is not logged?

Last edited by vtraudt; 05-24-2010 at 11:13 AM.
Old 05-25-2010, 07:49 AM

To be honest most pro drivers don't even have boost gauges...they are really for cool looks in the race culture that come out of CA. They really have no function get an AEM stand alone and hook your laptop up on the passengers seat then you have gauges that are functional. But if you must have a daily driver with 50+ gauges all over the dash, pillar, and center console go for it but after you have a turbo so it will do more than just light up.

Old 08-21-2010, 09:58 PM
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by michel.brown
To be honest most pro drivers don't even have boost gauges...they are really for cool looks in the race culture that come out of CA. They really have no function get an AEM stand alone and hook your laptop up on the passengers seat then you have gauges that are functional. But if you must have a daily driver with 50+ gauges all over the dash, pillar, and center console go for it but after you have a turbo so it will do more than just light up.
The reason why I am looking for a LOGGABLE boost controller: chip tuning will be done based on Rosstag (VAGcom) logs. And the tuner NEEDS boost logged along with the other VAGcom log data to tune properly!

Now: Aside from standalone (would be Haltach), if I want my custom tuned chip, I need to log boost pressure. My ECU does not have that info (NOT drive by wire ECU, came later).

What are affordable options to log boost (=loggable boost gauge in my words)?