Computer & Fuel Systems Talk about the computer, fuel systems and delivery, customization and more.

Logging Manifold Absolute Pressure for 2.0 TFSI

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2012, 03:12 AM
1st Gear
Default Logging Manifold Absolute Pressure for 2.0 TFSI

Hi,

I have performance problems with my audi 2.0TFSI 2007 Cab.

I have documented this fairly thoroughly on stack exchange: http://mechanics.stackexchange.com/q...e-fuel-economy

... so I won't repeat that here. However, since I suspect a boost problem I want to find out the actual charge air / manifold pressure. I have a PLX kiwi scanner and dashcommand, but they won't read the sensor with PID SAE.MAP.

The bentley manual shows loom support for MAP, but no MAP sensor in the manifold component.

Dashcommand will calculate MAP from MAF - but if I have a boost leak or other pressure problem that number will be wrong.

What I want to know is, since there is a Charge Air Pressure sensor (on the left intercooler, I can see it!) that's connected to the Manifold Absolute Pressure wiring in the ECM, why can't I read MAP?

Is this feature:

1) disabled
2) has a code other than Group 31
3) broken in my engine.

How can I test this? What should I ask my mechanic to do? Will disconnecting the Charge Air Pressure sensor (part G31) light any codes? How, in fact, do I disconnect this sensor?

Why does google return nothing but prices when I search for charge air pressure audi?

-Alex