I have a 2001 Audi TT Quattro. For some reason the OBD reader cannot connect to the car, so no pass on emission test
Here's some information and stuff I tried:
- the car has the original BOSE radio working, and station info is displayed on the dashboard
- engine check light is not on, and I can run the diagnostics from the dashboard, which prints OK at the end
- I checked all the fuses on the side panel
- I cleaned the OBD connector with contact cleaner
- tried 3 different OBD readers (emission test computer, handheld OBD reader at shop, and I have a simple OBD reader), they all error out
- I checked the K-line voltage between pins 4+7, reads 0.18 volts
- I do not have a VAG-COM
- the car was not driven for over a year (due to new babies in the house), the battery was dead so I replaced it
What else can I do to diagnose/fix this problem? I've seen some posts suggesting cleaning radio/HVAC connections.
A mechanic suggested that some cars need to go through certain number of startup/warmup cycles before the OBD works, not sure if that applies.
Should I get a VAG-COM?
Thanks so much,